Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

LudusTech needs some beta testers for our new utility: SharkClear. SharkClear is a quick and easy way to manage cache clearing on your Treo 650, T|X, T5, E2, or LifeDrive.

SharkClear has these features:

-Clear Cache on Launch: clears your device's cache when specified applications start. So you could set SharkClear to clear the cache when starting your favorite games, blazer, avantgo, or other large apps.

-Clear Cache on Power ON and/or Power OFF: maximizes system speed when turning on/off the device

-QuickClear: Shows a clear icon on your CommandBar so you can clear your cache in any app!

featuring totally ARM-native cache clearing code based on code from CliePet for lightning fast results (compared to other tools that simulate HotSync start/stop events often resulting in delays of up to 10 seconds)

if you're interested in giving this a shot, please send me an email with the Subject line SharkClear: support <at> ludustech <dot> com

SharkClear will most likely cost only 6 USD. However, any beta testers who help out with the app will get a free registration code, plus early access to future LudusTech endeavors.

best regards, tyler

ps: SharkCuts is coming along just fine and just a couple of more lines of code before the beta will be sent out.
    I tried sending an email to the address you posted but it didn't work.

I'm interested, you can contact me at medicwill (at) gmail (dot) com.
    I don't get it. Will this clear the dynamic heap? NVFS DB Cache? In other words, an OS-level cache? If so, how is this different in it's end result, than using Memoryinfo?

Or does this work at the application level? Like Blazer uses a file to cache web pages. Handmark Express uses files to cache/store downloaded data. If so, which applications will this application work with to empty their cache?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    The think I like about SHarkboy's app is that I can "auto" do it before launching TomTom and EDGE.
  5.    #5  
    right, it has a lot of autonomy and is extremely useful because it employs dual methods of clearing (fast and thorough). also, there's a QuickClear option that lets you clear the cache from anywhere (in any app, the launcher, playing music in ptunes, browsing the web, etc...)

in essence it uses similar technology to memoryinfo but it takes the technology to a different, more practical/useful level.

cheers, tyler
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Interested. Sent you an email.
  7.    #7  
    alright, we're putting up a public beta because we got just way too many emails to handle (this is SharkClear, beta 2 for all of you who received beta 1 via email this is an upgrade). docs are inside zip and also in app itself, but it's REALLY easy to use. use Menu->Set Speeds to choose which method of clearing you want to use for the different actions.

please download the link attached and try it out and post your comments here. it will only work until April 12.

best regards,
    LudusTech

linkage: http://www.ludustech.com/download.ph...SharkClear.zip
    I've installed SharkClear but when I look for apps to associate with I cannot locate TomTom. It should appear as Navigator but it's not listed. Any ideas?
  9.    #9  
    no but i'll look tonite.

cheers, tyler
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I get a Fatal Exception reset when enabling Power Off/fast speed. It doesn't happen on thorough speed. I get the reset as soon as I turn it off using the red key.
    SharkClear also seems to not play so well with Chatter. With "Clear Cache on Power Off" (Fast Speed) it will shutdown Chatter at power off then a soft reset happens about 50% of the time. Otherwise Chatter just stays shutdown until you enter the app (Chatter) when you power on.

The error I have most recently identifies YAHM but I'm pretty sure the cache clearing is messing with Chatter because the crash only happens with the phone on and Chatter running. The latest error was:

A reset was caused on 4/7/06 at 8:25pm while running "YAHM"
    trapcontrol5.c,
    Line:530, Broken chain
  12.    #12  
    hi, since SharkClear clears the cache it will knock out any of your hack-like utilities that haven't locked themselves in. what hacks do you have? to lock them down i recommend using SharkCache or RLocker (RLocker is free, SharkCache adds a bit of speed, either one will work).

rigo- what apps do you have installed?

cheers, tyler
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LudusAdmin

rigo- what apps do you have installed?

cheers, tyler
    I have these apps (Sprint Treo 650):
    datebk6
    inititate
    butler
    pquicken
    splashid
    rescobackup
    rescoexplorer
    rescolocker
    phonetech
    ptunes
    DTG
    fieldplus modified
    shortcuts5
    ludusw
    keycaps modified
    mp3ringer
    mvoice
    notthem (hoping to replace with LudusCalendarSMS
    profilecare
    prefdoctor
    volumecare

And just wondering now that you mentioned locking with rlocker- should I lock LudusW? thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    I've installed SharkClear but when I look for apps to associate with I cannot locate TomTom. It should appear as Navigator but it's not listed. Any ideas?
    TomTom Navigator is listed as "start".

I was getting resets if using the clear on Power Off and placing Phone as a listed app. I have beta 1. I will try beta 2 tomorrow.
    What am I missing with the Display on Command Bar? What Command Bar are we talking about?
    I too am gettting a lot of resets. what apps r u enabling in sharkclear
  17.    #17  
    the resets are caused by any unlocked hacks that you have installed on your device. For instance, Jeff Kirvin noted that ClipPro does not lock itself in and that SharkClear was knocking it out of cache and thus causing a reset. So what did he do? locked ClipPro with RescoLocker and now all works fine

my recommendation: (and this will increase palm stability as a whole, regardless of whether you choose to use SharkClear) download RescoLocker and lock anything it says is unlocked and is a hack. then SharkClear will work just fine

best regards, tyler
    When I woke up this morning, my Treo would not turn on. I pulled the battery out, put it back in and it came up just fine. The battery show fully charged. I had SharkClear set to clear on Power On. I can't say SharkClear caused this, but it has never happened before. Yesterday when having Power On or Power Off check, I was getting resets. After I deselected these options, the resets stopped. Late last night I uninstalled beta 1 and installed beta 2 and set the option of on Powerr On and then went to bed. I don't have any hacks at all. I was down to having a reset every 10 to 12 days before. Again, I can't say that yesterday's resets were for a fact caused by SharkClear. When I do ##377#, it says "unknown".
    Anyone successfully running this with Chatter? The Chatter developer advises against locking Chatter so I don't know how good of a solution that is for fixing crashes due to a conflict with SharkClear.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Anyone successfully running this with Chatter? The Chatter developer advises against locking Chatter so I don't know how good of a solution that is for fixing crashes due to a conflict with SharkClear.
    I tried locking Chatter but it still shutdown when I selected clear on power off.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast