1.    #1  
    I just got my treo 650 (GSM unlocked) and have been playing with it for a bit. I discovered when I turn on the radio/phone it seems to work fine for a while. I can make calls and send sms's and everything.. then every now and then out of the blue it'll reset itself. i get this error when i dial #*377

A reset was caused on 4/7/06 at 4:42pm while running "Phone":

../ATCmds/SerialIO.c, Line:685, CcpDataRcvClose returned error:break condition occured! (FW crash)

and it happens every now and then. sometimes in Messaging, sometimes in web, sometimes in the phone app, sometimes when im on a call and sometimes when the screen is off even! only thing that changes is the "phone" above sometimes says "web".

I did a hard reset and didnt sync or change anything except for my timezone (Malaysia) and UNCHECKED turned Local Network Time update.
    I was running a rom ver 1.06 or something like that and updated to 1.20 and im still facing the same problem after a hard reset and not syncing. Any ideas guys?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunebug
    I just got my treo 650 (GSM unlocked) and have been playing with it for a bit. I discovered when I turn on the radio/phone it seems to work fine for a while. I can make calls and send sms's and everything.. then every now and then out of the blue it'll reset itself. i get this error when i dial #*377

A reset was caused on 4/7/06 at 4:42pm while running "Phone":

../ATCmds/SerialIO.c, Line:685, CcpDataRcvClose returned error:break condition occured! (FW crash)

and it happens every now and then. sometimes in Messaging, sometimes in web, sometimes in the phone app, sometimes when im on a call and sometimes when the screen is off even! only thing that changes is the "phone" above sometimes says "web".

I did a hard reset and didnt sync or change anything except for my timezone (Malaysia) and UNCHECKED turned Local Network Time update.
    I was running a rom ver 1.06 or something like that and updated to 1.20 and im still facing the same problem after a hard reset and not syncing. Any ideas guys?

still sounds like a SW issue, and not a hardware problem,

update to the latest ROM. and look into a program called RLOCK
    You might try reloading your firmware, but if it resets after a hard reset I would take it back.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks guys for ur feedback.. Turns out the guys at tech support and quite certain its a hardware problem so I'm getting my new 650 2moro.. *fingers crossed*