Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I am brand new to the Treo world and plan on getting a new Treo 650 (Verizon or Sprint network). I am wondering how sturdy these things are. For example, if I have a curious 5-year old with slippery fingers, should I be thinking about equipment replacement insurance? Or do the Treo 650's bounce well?
    In my worldview, a Treo falls in the same category of products as
    the Harley Davidson Motorcycle - one-of-a-kind and loved to death
    by the people who own them, though ultimately not as reliable as
    it should (or can) be.
    Game over!
    Dropped mine several times. Other than a few scrapes, no ill effects.

Of course it's always possible the next fall could crack the display.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Orson
    I am brand new to the Treo world and plan on getting a new Treo 650 (Verizon or Sprint network). I am wondering how sturdy these things are. For example, if I have a curious 5-year old with slippery fingers, should I be thinking about equipment replacement insurance? Or do the Treo 650's bounce well?
    To me the $6 a month is well worth the peace of mind on Sprint. Just think that your data plan is $6 more and the insurance is free. The data plan (with the $6) is still the best available.

Cheers, Perry.
    I've dropped mine a few times and no problemo except a few scratches. I have replaced my buttons and keyboard, though. The paint wore off of my 5-way, and my backspace key stopped working half the time. I've used it heavily for 14 months.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.