1.    #1  
    I just got my 650 a couple of months ago and love it so far. Still, today I went to use it and the keys would not work. The screen worked fine but I could not get any keys to work, even to unlock it. I reset it and that got it unlocked but once I shut it off, the same thing happened. After a few experiments, I realized that taking out the SD card and putting it back in would temporarily let me use the keys but if I shut it off and go to turn it back on it does not work again. Weird, huh?

In the process of messing with it, I noticed that the right shift key was stuck down and that might be why the other keys aren't registering when the phone is turned on. I didn't drop, jar, or squeeze the phone so I'm wondering how this happened and what my options are. I don't know where I would get a tool to unscrew the case to clean/straighten out the keypad and I cannot afford to take it someplace to have it repaired. At the moment I have the lame workaround of popping out and reinserting the SD card but I would like to know if this has happened to anyone else and if there is anyplace (Sprint store, Palm, etc) who will fix or replace it for me. Thanks. I'd be bummed if this just stopped working after 2 months of normal use because it is incredibly useful and fun to have. That and the whole $350 price tag...
    If it is new, get it replaced under warranty.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, I looked around and it seems quite a few had this problem. I'm gonna see if they will replace it for me.
    Best thing is to get it replaced with a new unit if under warranty...But you might want to read this thread before you do, just for future reference b/c keypad problems happen all the time with treo 650's...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ghlight=keypad

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    I've got the same issue with my right shift key. Seems like a shortcoming of the hardware. I guess I'll try the manual fix or get a new keyboard...
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian
    I just got my 650 a couple of months ago and love it so far. Still, today I went to use it and the keys would not work. The screen worked fine but I could not get any keys to work, even to unlock it. I reset it and that got it unlocked but once I shut it off, the same thing happened. After a few experiments, I realized that taking out the SD card and putting it back in would temporarily let me use the keys but if I shut it off and go to turn it back on it does not work again. Weird, huh?

In the process of messing with it, I noticed that the right shift key was stuck down and that might be why the other keys aren't registering when the phone is turned on. I didn't drop, jar, or squeeze the phone so I'm wondering how this happened and what my options are. I don't know where I would get a tool to unscrew the case to clean/straighten out the keypad and I cannot afford to take it someplace to have it repaired. At the moment I have the lame workaround of popping out and reinserting the SD card but I would like to know if this has happened to anyone else and if there is anyplace (Sprint store, Palm, etc) who will fix or replace it for me. Thanks. I'd be bummed if this just stopped working after 2 months of normal use because it is incredibly useful and fun to have. That and the whole $350 price tag...
    Cingular replaced mine, when the 5 way locked up.
    I dropped mine and the P button was stuck. I ended up ordering another keyboard to replace it, but I ended up cracking open the treo and fixing it myself anyways. You're under warranty, so prob best to go through those channels, but for those who aren't, mine was an easy fix (in the end)!

::
    well....
    most probably your thumbpad board, has stuck keys...
    happened to mine too...
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    Would love a picture or two of your process. I have seen the video on YouTube of the guy opening it to replace the screen, I guess the keyboard is just below that and the way to repair the "P" key was obvious? Mine is stuck most of the time as well... No warranty but lots of tools and experience

Thanks.

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by emocean View Post
    I dropped mine and the P button was stuck. I ended up ordering another keyboard to replace it, but I ended up cracking open the treo and fixing it myself anyways. You're under warranty, so prob best to go through those channels, but for those who aren't, mine was an easy fix (in the end)!

::
    Barry Friedman
    Raspyni Brothers
    www.raspyni.com
    SPRINT with a TREO 755p
    Thank you Thank You Thank You. for the past 6 or so hours being stuck in a house with no phone I decided I would hop online and run a google search for "treo 650 keypad not working" and with the first result I found this forum. As you may have guessed my issue is also with a sticky key but did not even think that was the issue till readiing this thread. it is my Right Shift key like many others on here. Thank each of you for posting your findings on here now I can make my phone interview tomorrow......

Ya'll are the shizzle