1.    #1  
    what's the deal. my treo 650 has worked like a charm since i bought it. (my old treo 600 was crap btw). while vibrating to indicate an incoming call, my phone falls from the table to the floor... ^$&#$!@#$%^&!!!!!!!!!!!

now it only works when it's power adaptor is plugged in or when i put a friend's batter in it. can the battery lose a full charge and its ability to rercharge from a single drop?
    I bought way to many batteries and chargers for our Teos. I think i have 5 spares, i stick one in the charger while using the other and swap them out so i never have to be plugged in. I dunno why i bought so many, 2 would have been enough. Anyway OEM batteries are super cheap on FleaBay.
    My boss just mentioned at lunch that his daughter dropped her plain cell phone yesterday. Battery, cover and phone flew apart and would not turn on when reassembled. . . . . but charging the unit got everything to work again. . . . . .
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    My boss just mentioned at lunch that his daughter dropped her plain cell phone yesterday. Battery, cover and phone flew apart and would not turn on when reassembled. . . . . but charging the unit got everything to work again. . . . . .
    Now it's charging and working now... go figure. I'm not going to complain.
    I have to stick up for the 650 toughness. I've dropped mine twice on cement. One of those times it landed on a corner. The battery cover flew off, the battery flew out, my SD card shot about 6 feet across the floor. I put it all back together (took 20minutes to find the SD card) and it worked! A few scrapes and chips, but I can live with that.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffa
    I have to stick up for the 650 toughness. I've dropped mine twice on cement. One of those times it landed on a corner. The battery cover flew off, the battery flew out, my SD card shot about 6 feet across the floor. I put it all back together (took 20minutes to find the SD card) and it worked! A few scrapes and chips, but I can live with that.
    yeah. it's been quite durable for me too.