1.    #1  
    Has anyone succesfully used AnthaVPN version 5.6.1 to get into their network? I'm trying to use it to get into a Symantec gateway and can't establish a connection.

Mitch
    I have found that mergic is much simpler to use and setup. I am using with a cisco pix with one pptp tunnel open
    just my .02
    There's always next year!
    Of course mergic is simpler..it's pptp. AnthaVPN is IPsec. 2 entirely different protocols which are not interchangable.

Sorry, never used Symantec gateway so can't offer assistance. I do have it working on a Nortel, however.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    You have the option for both protocols with symantec that's why I suggested it. The pix is IPsec but getting antha to work was one of the biggest pains in the a$$. So I opted for one pptp tunnel and secure port and use mergic
    There's always next year!
    Ahh, i see. You're assuming he is the admin of the symantec gateway and can enable pptp for himself. I could have done that on my nortel as well. I assumed he was merely an end user so therefore had no choice in the matter.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  6.    #6  
    I do have the ability to enable PPTP, I don't have the knowledge however. If you could give me a few hints I can take a stab at it. The Gateway in question is a Symantec 200R, which is a VPN appliance.

Mitch
    Quote Originally Posted by UNYTU
    Has anyone succesfully used AnthaVPN version 5.6.1 to get into their network? I'm trying to use it to get into a Symantec gateway and can't establish a connection.

Mitch

I was using the trial and was able to successfully connnect to my work network. It took a few time to figure out the encryption types used. It also too what i considered an excessive amount of time to establish a connection.

There is another product Blue...something or other that looks good. In the end, I could not justify spending the money..I will just pray that Cisco comes out with a vpn client for palm.
  8.    #8  
    Were you using a Symantec Gateway when you were able to establish the connection?

On a side note I was able to create a web-based connection using I-series Access for Web. It doesn't require any client you just use the browser on the Treo. It's not as secure as A VPN tunnel though.
    Quote Originally Posted by UNYTU
    Were you using a Symantec Gateway when you were able to establish the connection?
    Cisco VPN Concentrator...

also check here for some other information:
    http://www.onixnet.com/antha/anthavpn_gateway.htm
    Anybody get AnthaVPN to connect to a CheckPoint NGX...the website shows support up to NG but my company's gateway the NGX version.

Or, anybody have another suggestion for connecting a Treo650 to CheckPoint NGX?
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfBallMan
    Cisco VPN Concentrator...

also check here for some other information:
    http://www.onixnet.com/antha/anthavpn_gateway.htm

I wanted a concentrator, a tad too expensive for me though

I've had the chance to mess around with one though, very vulnerable to DoS unless the admin is smart, but let's face it, when is the sysadmin ever smart