1.    #1  
    Hi, I have spent hours reading forum articles. I confess to being somewhat of a forum newbie , but a Palm and Treo user for a couple of years .

I posted this in the 650 hardware section and so far with 120+ views -no response other than my own clarification. So any help at all is appreciated!

Here is the problem: I have huge Exchange based email . I use folders extensively and archive out of my inbox. I use filters and truncation to cut the replication size on the Treo to a managable size. Server side (45MB Inbox, 15 MB calendar - have to keep historical data). Again a fraction of this data pulls to the Treo 650\ Verizon. My inbox usually has 1500 to 2500 items of which the first 25 to 40 kb get pulled, however 50% of the mesage are text and smaller than this.

So here is the issue: I have been using Versa-crud email . Lately it has been getting memory errors (more like swap space/ memory paging). The device usually has plenty of free space/ memory. I have seen the Versamail error report that says get out of versamail and to go back in and replicate manually till you get to the end of the pending documents to pull down. This works to some degree.

I got fed up and bought the enterprise Snapper Email . Got the IMAP working and all. Now to my suprise but predicatable conclusion I find my calendar data that was once integrated with Versa-crud missing.

Almost Final Question: How do you get the data from an Exchange Active server to the calendar and contacts. I can always sync with my laptop using traditional methods. However, I want to be able to do this wirelessly. Before, the PIM data for the calendar and contacts were synced or piggybacked via Versamail. Without versamail I do not have a wireless conduit. Am I missing something here? Does Snapper use its own sync services or does it use PALM/OS? I haven't found any configuration items to change in snapper to include contacts and calendar. I haven't found any configuration in versamail to tell it to not do email but still do contacts and calendar entries.

I also have the Verzion wireless sync and have not set it up. Should I be looking at this? This looked more like a service that Iwould have issues with from a security/ VPN configuration standpoint.

Do I require a solution like PocketMirror Professional XT?

Please no flame wars on Chatter vs Snapper. They both look good and I will likely do a trial of Chatter next. I have read the forum entries going back a few years on both.

Lastly, here is the Last and Golden Question: I've looked at a lot of calendar programs including the Treo default. Does one have tighter integration with email or contacts? Any recommendations?

Sorry for the long thread start, but I wanted to provide as much detail for you to consider. Many thanks in advance!
    Last edited by lneely; 04/06/2006 at 06:22 AM. Reason: clean up
    Versamail controls the sync via wireless period. Nexchange was also supposed to able to sync wirelessly but it's not foolproof.

You want your Contacts and Calendar wirelessly - you'll have to go back to Versamail.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.