1. jgk
    Help! My Treo won't stop rebooting.

By mistake I did a sync to an old PC that I've not synced to for about 4 weeks, and then the sync failed, with a message saying device memory my be full.

Now I can't do anything - the Treo is contstantly re-ooting, cycling between the "Pa1m Powered" logo screen and the "Pa1mOne" booter screen.

I'm now crippled without my ophone and data - how do I stop this cycle and get to turn this into a working device again?

Thanks in advance
    If I was in a hurry I would hard reset and restore from my last backup or hotsync.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Ditto...it happened to me once. Had to perform a hard reset to clean everything up.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I have the same problem. Excuse my ignorance but how do you do a hard reset?
    i *think* its the lil button under the battery labeled *reset* ... i could be wrong, I'm new to the Treo
    When you push the reset button, hold down the power (red) button until you see the circular Palm logo.

You could read about it here at Treocentral, or in your manual.

Good luck!
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I'd do a Warm Reset before trying a Hard reset.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller

You could read about it here at Treocentral, or in your manual.

Good luck!
    That would be a novel idea.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Maybe I'm an ***** (I'll give you my wife's number if you want to confirm) but I don't find it on the site. If it's so easy to find it would have been helpful to have posted the link for the search-challenged, like me. I don't have access to the manual right now.

I tried what was suggested, holding down power button while pressing reset, and that does nothing.

Again, at the risk of sounding like a total loser, what is a warm reset? If you mean just pressing the reset button I have done that dozens of times.
    Open wide while daddy spoon feeds you.

In lieu of the manual, try a cool new site called Google. You'll be astounded at what you find.

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion

In lieu of the manual, try a cool new site called Google. You'll be astounded at what you find.
    Your sarcasm is infinitely helpful. What a great community
    Quote Originally Posted by jgk
    Help! My Treo won't stop rebooting.

By mistake I did a sync to an old PC that I've not synced to for about 4 weeks, and then the sync failed, with a message saying device memory my be full.

Now I can't do anything - the Treo is contstantly re-ooting, cycling between the "Pa1m Powered" logo screen and the "Pa1mOne" booter screen.

I'm now crippled without my ophone and data - how do I stop this cycle and get to turn this into a working device again?

Thanks in advance
    If you're like me you probably rely heavily on email on your Treo. In my case, I end up with a lot of messages in my folder and found that this contributed to the reboot loop.

Here's what I did:

Warm reset - Hold the up button while pressing reset under the battery cover. Keep holding the up button until the "Palm Powered" logo appears, then let go. Your phone will be off now and you will not be able to turn it on until you do a soft reset. Don't reset yet.

Delete emails - Go to your mailbox and delete as many emails as possible. In my case I deleted them all as they are backed up on two other computers.

Reset - Do a soft reset of your Treo pressing the reset button

This worked for me. You may have other data on your phone that needs to be deleted. I'm not a techie, but I assume that there was not enough memory for the phone to reboot properly.

I hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by erikzen
    Your sarcasm is infinitely helpful. What a great community
    how about a "thank you"
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion

My bad. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by erikzen
    I have the same problem. Excuse my ignorance but how do you do a hard reset?
    On a Cingular model it's described in the User Manual on pages 168-169. If you don't have the manual, look here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=93810