1.    #1  
    Hi Experts. I just got a 4GB Transcend card, installed FAT32 and all seems ty be working really great except TomTom. TomTom is REALLY SLOOOW opening and also generating routes. I guess it's ~5 times slower than with TomTom running from a 2GB card with the normal FAT driver. I am using the latest TomTom 5.12 version.

Has anybody seen anything like this? Any troubleshooting hints?

Thanks!
    I just received my 4GB Transcend card yesterday. TomTom works fine. At least there is no difference opening up. I will try it out when I go to work this morning.

By the way, the latest version of TomTom for Palm OS is 5.201. If you are going to update it I recommend you follow these directions:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...install+tomtom
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70
    I just received my 4GB Transcend card yesterday. TomTom works fine. At least there is no difference opening up. I will try it out when I go to work this morning.

By the way, the latest version of TomTom for Palm OS is 5.201. If you are going to update it I recommend you follow these directions:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...install+tomtom
    Thanks. I look forward to your findings and will checkout the upgrade.
    curlykraut...TomTom worked just fine with the new SD card. The were no delays opening or generating routes at all. I am not sure if the upgrade will take care of this. By the way, I didn't do anything special moving TomTom from my 2GB to the 4GB. I just did the old copy and paste. I assume everything else is working fine for you...correct? The only other thing I did was to format the card on the Treo.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Try a different map and see if it is still slow. I had a similar problem where it would take forever to load my default map. I never resolved the reason why this happened.

-BB