Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi All,

Mantragroup Inc., is beta testing a security app 'mobiLock' - please feel free to get teh taste of it from http://mantragroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96

Highlights are:

Secure your private ‘data' on a misplaced/lost Treo 600TM and Treo 650TM device. For such an occurrence in which you do not have access to your device, MobiLock® lets you protect your data via SMS control or via the Remote Control option in our website. Optionally MobiLock® can report on the action performed to a mail or SMS address on Remote/SMS Control. We care for your security – unauthorized personal cannot access the device with out a password, you can also specify additional lock criterion.

Separate passwords for MobiLock® lock and SMS/Web control ensure more security and control. Additionally, consider you have misplaced your phone in your room – MobiLock® can help you find it by playing a MP3 file when you send a SMS or via the Web Control operation in our website.

Details: MobiLock®'s optional settings allow you to automatically adjust the lock to:

* System Reset – Soft Reset
    * Power ON
    * Wireless Off – signal lost
    * SD Card removed
    * SMS/Web control – with locking command

You can customize the screen display for when your device is locked to:

* Lost + Found Info
    * Lost Password
    * Emergency Call
    * Call Owner Number

You can configure the actions to be taken when your locking SMS is received

* Lock Device
    * Wipe All Device Data – including data in your external Card
    * Call a number
    * Play MP3 files – requires Pocket Tunes
    * Send action performed report to a mail or SMS address

You may continually send some commands through SMS after locking it to wipe all data or to call a number to identify the location of the device with the help of your service provider. The lock can be broken only by a hard reset, which would of course, erase all your data in any circumstance.

Thanks for your interest in mobiLock.

Regards,
    Kalyan
    Nice, sounds like a good app.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I'd love something like that for Windows Mobile.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    Nice, sounds like a good app.
    Also be informed that it works for non-Treo devices also..
    Just installed it. Looks like a pretty full-featured application with a very small (<70k) footprint.
  6.    #6  
    Glad you liked it.

Regards,
    Kalyan
    I'm looking for software like this. How long before the full version is released?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  8.    #8  
    Very Soon
    "Additionally, consider you have misplaced your phone in your room – MobiLock® can help you find it by playing a MP3 file when you send a SMS or via the Web Control operation in our website."

Don't all phones have that already as a built-in feature? I mean, you just call the number and listen for the ring.

I do like the idea that the phone can call back to confirm that it has received the remotely originated security directive.
  10.    #10  
    Hi,

What if you don't have a phone nearby to find your device

Calling back from lost phone be helpful to trace your device back with the help of your mobile service provider.

Regards,
    kalyan
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxy
    "Additionally, consider you have misplaced your phone in your room – MobiLock® can help you find it by playing a MP3 file when you send a SMS or via the Web Control operation in our website."

Don't all phones have that already as a built-in feature? I mean, you just call the number and listen for the ring.
    Your phone only rings for like 30 seconds..a lot of times it may not be long enough in order for you to find it under the couch..so being able to play a longer song etc is nice
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Thanks for posting this information and link to the Beta release of MobiLock. A very useful security application to assist with protecting property and data.
  13.    #13  
    Hi All,

mobiLock security application is released. Now the newer version has a camera feature that allows you to take a snapshot by sending a SMS/via web control and have the snapshot e-mailed to you. This feature should be really helpful to know the where abouts of your Treo 650.

more details are available at http://mantragroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160 and http://mantragroup.com/forums/showthread.php?p=525

Regards.
    Just gets better & better..
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by kalyan
    Hi All,

mobiLock security application is released. Now the newer version has a camera feature that allows you to take a snapshot by sending a SMS/via web control and have the snapshot e-mailed to you. This feature should be really helpful to know the where abouts of your Treo 650.

more details are available at http://mantragroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160 and http://mantragroup.com/forums/showthread.php?p=525

Regards.
    I'm sure those sick dirty perverts will love this new feature! LOL!

Anyways, thanks for the udpate. This app sounds really cool and useful. I'm definitely gonna have to try it out.
    Hi All,

Regards.
    Hi kalyan,

What's the trigger text to take a snapshot and get it emailed to you? I can't seem to figure that out.

TIA
  17.    #17  
    Triggertext is snapshot.
    usage: password snapshot

Enjoy mobiLocking

Regards,
    Kalyan
    Triggertext is snapshot.
    usage: password snapshot

Enjoy mobiLocking

Regards,
    Kalyan
    Hmm... that triggertext doesn't seem to work well on my Treo 650.

When I text my Treo password snapshot, it causes my Treo to reset. After the reset, I check the system error log by dialing ##377 and I get this error message: A reset was caused on 5/29/06 at 12:00am while running "mLockCameraLib": Fatal Exception

I tried the other triggertexts (ie. call, play, wipeout) and they all seem to be working just fine.
  19.    #19  
    we are working on the issues.

Regards,
    Dev Team.
    One other issue is that if mobiLock is already "locked" and you send an SMS message to activate a snapshot, that the phone can't be "turned" on by pressing the Power button.

The only way to get it working is to do a soft reset. Of course, the mobiLock screen will be shown.

And, I also got the crash when trying to trigger the snapshot as well.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast