Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    And the consensus is:

Product: 700P Only, or 700W Only, or maybe Both.
    Where: Sprint, maybe Verizon for the 700P
    When: May, or June, Or July (2006 or 2007)

(2006 or 2007)
    at&t iPhone3G
    Mods can we merge this to the "have you talked to a rep" thread?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let this thread breathe and have it's own identity!!

Don't destroy what you don't understand!!!

Have no shame for the love that dare not breathe its name!!!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Really it's a different thread as this one continually believes that we are three weeks away from a new Treo. It may be correct than we realize.
    Trust me, I'm a producer.
    LOL fine but in 3 weeks it dies (based on house rules), or gets merged.
    There is no spoon.
    <I concur with Hdhntr23, merged>
    And then they were one......
    Trust me, I'm a producer.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    And the consensus is:

Product: 700P Only, or 700W Only, or maybe Both.
    Where: Sprint, maybe Verizon for the 700P
    When: May, or June, Or July (2006 or 2007)

Get out the tranquilizer darts. Perry not only said "the other J word" he let slip the "7" year itch as well.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Somehow I missed it before, but I just noticed the title of this thread. Anyways, I talked to a friend of mine about the Treo 700p. Here's how it went...

Me: Hey, have you heard anything about the Treo 700p?
    Them: The what?
    Me: You know, the new version of the Treo, kinda like the one I've got, that will be running the Palm OS but will have Ev-DO, more memory, a higher-megapixel but crappier camera and they screwed up the buttons by moving the menu button back down to the bottom like it was on the Treo 600...
    Them: You're such a geek.

Hope this helps.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    In early April, I was in the hospital recovering from a Kidney transplant. My roommate was recovering from a Liver transplant.

In walks my roommate's daughter (who was his donor) carrying her Treo 650. We had a brief discussion on the benefits of a Treo and she casually remarks that she's seen and held a 700. I ask 700W? To which she replies "No, 700P".

Now mind you that I was on some pretty good pain meds at the time so I did not have the presence of mind to follow up.

I do owe her a SD cover (she had lost hers) so when I'm back on my feet I'll send one to her and ask her about the 700 again.
    Quote Originally Posted by DHAnderson
    In early April, I was in the hospital recovering from a Kidney transplant. My roommate was recovering from a Liver transplant.

In walks my roommate's daughter (who was his donor) carrying her Treo 650. We had a brief discussion on the benefits of a Treo and she casually remarks that she's seen and held a 700. I ask 700W? To which she replies "No, 700P".

Now mind you that I was on some pretty good pain meds at the time so I did not have the presence of mind to follow up.

I do owe her a SD cover (she had lost hers) so when I'm back on my feet I'll send one to her and ask her about the 700 again.
    I hope you're doing well DH!
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by DHAnderson

Got any of those pain meds left you can part with to help me get through this painfully long wait for the Treo 700p to be released?
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    I hope you're doing well DH!
    What he said!
    Just at the Sprint store to look at the blackberry, it was not charged so I did not get a chance to play with it. The rep who has been there for at least 4 years said she had just finished training for the 700W and she said Windows Mobile. She said that is should be out by the end of the month. A new rep said he saw a cut sheet for the 700p and it had a date of May 28th, but no training for it yet. Take it for what its worth, but if she had training I do not thinks she would lie, she is the goto person at the store. As for the new rep he owned a 650 and was going to get the 700p as soon as it comes out. So I do not post much, read alot, but just wanted everyone to know what I heard.
    dstrauss -- if this keeps up -- we are going to tie -- and the only way that can work, is if Verizon gets the 700P and Sprint gets both. However, if this is the case, the 700W snuck in right under the radar of all of my sources.

Each day we go forward becomes more interesting.

Cheers, Perry.
    Never tested their acuracy before, this should be a good test.
    Here is my conversation with a Sprint Tier II tech support guy. Many things here will be repetitive to information we have already heard. He told me that he was the fortunate person who had access to the Treo 700p for beta testing at their site and gave me a good amount of details on his experience. I believe what he said from the amount of detail he went into.

Tier II rep

Retail $679
    Palm Version
    Power vision
    Sprint tv

Release date is before the end of may

Versamail is completely improved - he sent a 4 mb email and it went through. In the past it might send a big file but would always give an error after showing sent.

Still issue of both calls active - when you speak to one person, pick up the second line, hang up with the second, it still shows two calls active on the screen and says "hang up all"

64mb user accessible memory - the ROM is completely seperate

bluetooth 1.2 - palm does plan on releasing 2.0 update as well as other ROM updates

won't have realplayer, will have ptunes although he feels there is some distortion with playback even at the 0db boost level in the volume preferences.

Looks promising to me! I don't trust regular store employees but this guy just walked me through troubleshooting of network problems, had a technical conversation with me then went into details of his experience.

Flame if you want but I now believe all these details are true.
    Last edited by albertb; 05/04/2006 at 10:58 AM.
    I was in my local sprint store this weekend and spoke with a tech while an issue with my 600 was being diagnosed. He told me that the 700P was coming out in June. I specifically asked him about the W. He told me that Sprint was not going to have a W and then remarked that it was his understanding that Verizon was having a bithc of a time with the W and he was glad Sprint wasn't going to carry the W.

FWIW.
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    Here is my conversation with a Sprint Tier II tech support guy. Many things here will be repetitive to information we have already heard. He told me that he was the fortunate person who had access to the Treo 700p for beta testing at their site and gave me a good amount of details on his experience. I believe what he said from the amount of detail he went into.

Tier II rep

Retail $679
    Palm Version
    Power vision
    Sprint tv

Release date is before the end of may

Versamail is completely improved - he sent a 4 mb email and it went through. In the past it might send a big file but would always give an error after showing sent.

Still issue of both calls active - when you speak to one person, pick up the second line, hang up with the second, it still shows two calls active on the screen and says "hang up all"

64mb user accessible memory - the ROM is completely seperate

bluetooth 1.2 - palm does plan on releasing 2.0 update as well as other ROM updates

won't have realplayer, will have ptunes although he feels there is some distortion with playback even at the 0db boost level in the volume preferences.

Looks promising to me! I don't trust regular store employees but this guy just walked me through troubleshooting of network problems, had a technical conversation with me then went into details of his experience.

Flame if you want but I now believe all these details are true.

As albertb's data lines up with my sources, I agree, and take it as a further confirmation that things are a foot.

What I can't understand -- is how there can be such conflicting data coming out of Sprint sources:

No 700P -- it is 700W.

No 700W -- it is a 700P.

It's both.

It's none. (That one I added -- haven't heard someone quote that yet.)

This is just too funny.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/04/2006 at 11:12 AM.
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast