Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    This came up when I tried an Internet search for "Treo 700 Cingular"

http://forums.cingular.com/cng/board....id=4202#M4202

Food for fodder .........
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry
    This came up when I tried an Internet search for "Treo 700 Cingular"

http://forums.cingular.com/cng/board....id=4202#M4202

Food for fodder .........
    Just like this forum, take it with a grain of salt until it officially announced or you have one in your hands.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    I wish I had one in my hands. I work for the larger of the two parent company's (soon to become one) that own Cingular. With Sprint's SERO and the potential of any Treo 700 release by Cingular getting delayed, it looks like I'm going to be jumping ship, at least wirelessly.
    I wrote "Treo 700p" on a piece of paper and it instantly went up in flames. Go figure!
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    Quote Originally Posted by elder_shawn
    I wrote "Treo 700p" on a piece of paper and it instantly went up in flames. Go figure!
    LMAO...
    at&t iPhone3G
  6.    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by elder_shawn
    That's funny, cuz I did the same thing with the name "Microsoft" and I heard a distant ominous laugh. Strange.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Anyone heard anything like this before? I went to a Palm Store (more like a kiosk really) at a mall here on the east coast and the Palm employees knew the 700P was on the way. However, they said that typically when a new device is coming out (650, 700W), they get training 3 weeks before the release, and they haven't had their training yet.

I know that could have just been a line of BS, but thought I would add it to all the other BS we have heard. FWIW.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Kiosk cell phone people are the lowest forms of life in the cell phone world.
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo
    Anyone heard anything like this before? I went to a Palm Store (more like a kiosk really) at a mall here on the east coast and the Palm employees knew the 700P was on the way. However, they said that typically when a new device is coming out (650, 700W), they get training 3 weeks before the release, and they haven't had their training yet.

I know that could have just been a line of BS, but thought I would add it to all the other BS we have heard. FWIW.
    more than likely they read treocentral. One of my wife's fellow police officers heard that it's coming out May 28th. Wonder where he heard that
    "By: Natrix at Today 10:04 AM

Kiosk cell phone people are the lowest forms of life in the cell phone world."

Per my above post, this wasn't a carrier branded or all brand cell phone kiosk, but a Palm (only) branded store with Palm employees, again FWIW.
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo
    "By: Natrix at Today 10:04 AM

Kiosk cell phone people are the lowest forms of life in the cell phone world."

Per my above post, this wasn't a carrier branded or all brand cell phone kiosk, but a Palm (only) branded store with Palm employees, again FWIW.
    doesn't change anything
    I was in a corporate Sprint store Friday and the desk person there said that she knew of the 700 coming (didnt know if it was a P or W) and that usually new phones come in on Wednesday and store personnel get trained for its release on the following Monday. Again...FWIW
    Quote Originally Posted by Natrix
    Kiosk cell phone people are the lowest forms of life in the cell phone world.
    Ouch !!

Harsh words my friend. Could we just say that they are probably the last to know?

Cheers, Perry

FWIW -- My Sprint Store said they were going to be trained on May 15th.
    Tough crowd on the kiosk folks :-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Ouch !!

Harsh words my friend. Could we just say that they are probably the last to know?

Cheers, Perry

FWIW-- I was in my local Sprint store yesterday. None of the people working there had heard of any new Treo, and I doubt they've had any training on phones at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I know one of your sources.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    I know one of your sources.
    Opps!!

However, I was their source until 3 to 4 weeks ago.
    Actual words were: "We're hoping in late July, if we're lucky." when I asked about the 700p. TIFWILIW.
    Quote Originally Posted by cybe
    Actual words were: "We're hoping in late July, if we're lucky." when I asked about the 700p. TIFWILIW.
    Funny...this week, my Sprint rep told me the second week of May...I thought, this is funny.
    at&t iPhone3G
    And the consensus is:

Product: 700P Only, or 700W Only, or maybe Both.
    Where: Sprint, maybe Verizon for the 700P
    When: May, or June, Or July (2006 or 2007)

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast