Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Hi Tweetyteam!!

I know the 700P is coming, I am not so sure about the W coming to Sprint in June as Shadowmite had not known of testing going on with the W.

However -- if both do come out -- you will have the best of both worlds -- you can test both spec for spec against your needs with actual features and installed products being known -- and maybe even Blackberry Connect being in the mix on the 700P.

Cheers, Perry.
    <merged>
    Quote Originally Posted by robber
    It seems to me he is really looking for direction on 700w vs P. Rumor mill aside.

In all honesty a newb should really go with the 650. There has never been a Treo that has launched without major issues. The 650 had terrible call quality (software issue with noise reduction) and the NVFS file system was far from efficient. The device was not stable either. It took 1.12 6 months or so later before the device was ready for prime time.

If you want a hobby- get the 700p or W. If you need a business device do a 650 or BB.

Besides EVDO the 700 really isn't bringing anything terribly exciting to the table.

That is my advice.

-Rob
    Good advice.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by robber
    It seems to me he is really looking for direction on 700w vs P. Rumor mill aside.

In all honesty a newb should really go with the 650. There has never been a Treo that has launched without major issues. The 650 had terrible call quality (software issue with noise reduction) and the NVFS file system was far from efficient. The device was not stable either. It took 1.12 6 months or so later before the device was ready for prime time.

If you want a hobby- get the 700p or W. If you need a business device do a 650 or BB.

Besides EVDO the 700 really isn't bringing anything terribly exciting to the table.

That is my advice.

-Rob
    Yeah, but what if he wants the EV-DO?

Hey, since it's not much of an upgrade over the 650, maybe most of the problems will be worked out already. Yeah, wishful thinking, but whatever.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    Yeah, but what if he wants the EV-DO?

Hey, since it's not much of an upgrade over the 650, maybe most of the problems will be worked out already. Yeah, wishful thinking, but whatever.
    I don't think a newbie getting the 700p would be a bad Idea, inspite of the potential problems with it after launch. I am a programmer and in my experience, I have learned the best finding solutions to issues the hard way giving me a better understanding of the applications at hand IMO. I do understand the hassle for serious business minded users with lack of time for useless issues at hand though. If you have any type of Geek in you, or adventure, and you have the time, go for the P and hack away and enjoy the journey, and conquor your device so you can one day join a forum and share your devine knowledge and finally find a place where you can be somebody with credibilty and accomplishment unlike the real world.
    at&t iPhone3G
    OT...The inside people at Palm and Sprint must be LTAO at us as they peak into these forums. They now hold the power of the device of desire. We are suckers. We will buy anything they throw at us, especially with the popularity of the this Palm series, that is how much power they have. They don't have to worry about offering WiFi...we will still buy it. The only way they will listen to our demands is if we render them powerless, until then who knows. I am a sucker too...my wife is right...I need to get a life...Logging on this forum, in which I enjoy all of the information and colorful character members and posting for a device that has not been released yet is ruining my rep... but its all fun...maybe joining this forum will drive my wife crazy enough to let me get another sports car to keep me off the tube and in the garage.
    Last edited by KStewart; 04/17/2006 at 09:04 PM.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by tweetyteam
    Talked with Sprint Rep a few minutes ago, in Maitland Florida, he stated that Sprint was releaseing Treo's 700 next month and this is the first I heard this one but he said Sprint was releaseing a 700p and a 700w at the same time. Now I'm really confused as you guys know I'm a newbie looking for my business looking for help if Sprint releases both which do I get. I've been following you guys for a long time and it seems everybody has a different opinion, truely which one is better or easier any input would be appericated. Remember I've never used either type I really am a newbie. Anyway this is definitely GREAT news for you Perry.
    I'd say, first check the 700w forum for all info on that device. Then if the 700p comes out within a reasonable time(let's hope by June), check the 700p forum (I'm sure they'll put one up). Then decide which of the two meets your needs best. And also which ones' bugs you can deal with better.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    OT...The inside people at Palm and Sprint must be LTAO at us as they peak into these forums. They now hold the power of the device of desire. We are suckers. We will buy anything they throw at us, especially with the popularity of the this Palm series, that is how much power they have. They don't have to worry about offering WiFi...we will still buy it. The only way they will listen to our demands is if we render them powerless, until then who knows. I am a sucker too...my wife is right...I need to get a life.

Palm was just on the board today.

However, they don't have that kind of power over me. I hate Sprint's CS practices and dumped them. And Palm definitely isn't the only game in town!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Palm was just on the board today.

However, they don't have that kind of power over me. I hate Sprint's CS practices and dumped them. And Palm definitely isn't the only game in town!!
    Your so right...
    at&t iPhone3G
    A rep that I don't know at all, who works for Sprint, told me.... Absolutely nothing about the next line of Treo.
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
    She checked her warehouse info, then told me there was a Treo 700 listed for a June release, but there was no letter (W or P or i ) listed. She said that there was no specific date in June, nor were there any product details.
    OK... what the heck....

I was in a Sprint store in Cincinnati due to the fact that my girlfriend's company is no longer supporting her BB due to them being bought out, anyway they WILL support windows devices, make a long story short,

I asked the rep just for fun to see what he would say about the new 700's and he said June as well but the difference is this guy said its because Palm is going to "stop making the 650's" course he didnt know if it was a w or a p.

Amazing the differences in information being given by these reps. I was always trained in sales that one of the first rules in sales is to know your product. Amazing.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    I don't think anyone realizes you can't realy on the reps...they are clueless. I only talk to them if I am ready for purchase...
    at&t iPhone3G
    One of our product managers at work used to work for HTC and he recently became interested in the 700w. He called one of his buddies from HTC and he was told they're coming out with a GSM version sometime this year. Maybe both GSM and CDMA versions are coming out this year. He didn't specify a date though. Anyone else hear of this?
    Palm may be holding out to do HSDPA 700p instead of last-gen Edge.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Actually, it would more likely be UMTS than HSDPA. Currently, there's not a lot of benefit in HSDPA over UMTS, and UMTS is still usable on HSDPA networks. There's already indication of UMTS in the GSM version of the 700w.
    <merged - another one!>
    Just When We Were Having Fun.
    Just call me Berd.
    Any one know if they are working on an update to make the Treo compatible with Cingular's new "Push to talk"? I think there's software out there (in Europe) for the "Talk Now" service offered by Orange.
    who cares?! It looks almost exactly the same as the Treo 650. This person was clearly hired to stir up the buzz for the upcoming Treo. This is marketing tactics 101. LAME...
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast