Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516 LastLast
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    Don't make fun of the special people.
    I was just thinking that...

Great minds think alike...and so do ours...
    How special...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    I was just thinking that...

Great minds think alike...and so do ours...

Another "brokeback moment" from Hagger and Postal - the toilet seat guy
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    Email from a Sprint store manager stating the 700 is coming out around the end of May
    Just noticed the "new" old avatar - living up to your signature I see; she indeed has a smart one.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    You were the first to notice. Congrats.
    Last edited by ScaryHumor; 05/10/2006 at 09:55 AM.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

<p></p>
    You were the first to notice. Congrats.
    Ouch - need to lift my sights a little, don't eye?
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Ouch - need to lift my sights a little, don't eye?
    She was missed by many, and I needed a change. This fit both bills.
    Nothing wrong with elevator eyes my friend. It's why God invented mirrored sunglasses.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

She was missed by many, and I needed a change. This fit both bills.
    Nothing wrong with elevator eyes my friend. It's why God invented mirrored sunglasses.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex
    Another "brokeback moment" from Hagger and Postal - the toilet seat guy
    http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/05/10/D8HGV3U00.html
    By the looks of what the hockey team was accused of that generated the hazing law, its no wonder they were busted for homophobic behavior.
    Oops, man, now we have really slid into the ditch. One last attempt to get us on topic:

Will it be a "W" or a "P" on May 28? Or will it be a still birth?
    It'll be a 700p! (Just when you thought this thread was dead):

I went into my Sprint store today to get a 650 demo (long story). Anyway, the rep knew that they were getting the 700 this month, but "we can't get the windows one because of Verizon so we're getting the one with palm on it." He said there's only one 700 in the city right now, and it's in the hands of "the tech" in one of the 3 local Sprint stores. He added, without any prompting, that it is FAST. The manager overheard the conversation without blinking. I was unable to get a date out of them, but the manager thought it had been pushed back. It will be available in stores on launch date -- not just tele-sales.

The 700p WILL BE!
    I have been doing my best, jaharr, to update Sprint stores on their upcoming release of the 700P. I have held weekly meetings with them and have provided the specifications. Yesterday, I even handed out printed copies of the 5/9/06 "PlayBook", which they gleefully accepted.

I see my plan is working. . . . . the info has made it to Rochester.

I said "I WILL WILL IT TO HAPPEN."

Now where is that 900P worksheet. . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Speaking of Sprint Stores... Does anyone know if Costo, or other authorized resellers, get new phones at the same time as the actual Sprint stores? I ask because Costco seems to give much better deals on phones. I bet when they do get it, the P will be at least $100 cheaper through them.
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    Speaking of Sprint Stores... Does anyone know if Costo, or other authorized resellers, get new phones at the same time as the actual Sprint stores? I ask because Costco seems to give much better deals on phones. I bet when they do get it, the P will be at least $100 cheaper through them.
    Costco and Sams offer better deals, but it takes a while for them to offer them. For example, my local Sams didn't get the Razor for three months after it's release.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I see my plan is working. . . . . the info has made it to Rochester.
    All I can say is, thank you Perry. Job well done!
    I received an email response to an inquiry to the university rep who knows I am considering switching from Sprint depending on the availability of the 700p in which I was told that Verizon would have the 700p by July 1. No year given but I assume it would be July 1, 2006.
    Legalbeagle
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Oops, man, now we have really slid into the ditch. One last attempt to get us on topic:

Will it be a "W" or a "P" on May 28? Or will it be a still birth?

It's a 700 No, seriously, the W was used to differentiate the software platform, but the palm version needs no letter as it is the original....so 700 it is!
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I took the "playbook" in to my local Sprint satellite store and, although they wanted to know where I got it (I didn't tell) they confirmed that they will have the 700P in stock by Thursday, May 25th, so they can roll them out on the May 28th launch date. The rep seemed very knowledgeable until the manager walked up.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    I went into my Sprint store today to get a 650 demo (long story). Anyway, the rep knew that they were getting the 700 this month, but "we can't get the windows one because of Verizon so we're getting the one with palm on it." He said there's only one 700 in the city right now, and it's in the hands of "the tech" in one of the 3 local Sprint stores. He added, without any prompting, that it is FAST. The manager overheard the conversation without blinking. I was unable to get a date out of them, but the manager thought it had been pushed back. It will be available in stores on launch date -- not just tele-sales.
    Wow, I never quoted myself before. I need a cigarette. I don't know how Perry has the stamina to do it 10, 20 times a day.

Anyway, returned my demo 650 to Sprint store today. FWIW, the manager said the 700p release date remains at May 28. However, he just heard today that due to quantity issues, smaller stores and especially stores in smaller cities may not have them by that date. He will call me when he gets it in (though I'll probably already have one via telesales by that time).

Either way, the 700p WILL BE.