Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516 LastLast
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    <merged, again>
    Ronbo, you ever get tired of people not posting to the correct thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    Ronbo, you ever get tired of people not posting to the correct thread?
    However, he did sign up for this job.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    HAHA Sprint Rep told me 700p was in the warehouse database and should be in the sprint stores at the end of the month.
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    05/04/06 at 4:04:

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey
    This one was out of the blue...

About 30 minutes ago, my Sprint phone (Samsung i300, please don't laugh at how ancient it is!) rang, and it was "Victoria from Sprint/Nextel" on the line. She said she was calling because I'm a long-time Sprint customer and am on a discount plan through my employer (Sprint is one of the "preferred vendors" here at EMC, so employees can get a discount on their personal phones) and she wanted to let me know that I can get $150 off a new phone if I sign up for a 2-year contract within the next 30 days. Curious at what kind of reaction I could provoke, I demurred that I really didn't want to upgrade to a new phone until the Treo 700p became available. She interrupted me with a wry chuckle and immediately said that it would be available on May 28th. I pressed her to clarify whether she meant 700p with PalmOS instead of 700w with Windows, and she was adamant that it was the p. I pointed out that May 28th was over the Memorial Day weekend so she wouldn't be able to get any commission if I called back that day and ended up buying one through some other rep. She told me to call her back at 877-607-9807 on Tuesday the 30th between 8:00 and 5:30 CDT (I don't know where in the central time zone she is) and ask for Victoria, and she would then be able to sell me a 700p. I pointed out that $150 off for a 2-year commitment was exactly what's available to every retail Sprint customer who has had their existing phone for 2 years, and asked what additional discounts I could get as an EMC employee. She stated that the extra discount varied from handset to handset and that she didn't have that figure for the 700p yet since it hasn't yet gone on sale, but that she would at the end of May after release.

So there it is, take it for what you will. I've included her name and contact number if any skeptics want to call and ask themselves to see what kind of answer they get to the 700p question. I did call the number back just to verify that it does indeed go to Sprint sales.

After this experience, you can sign me up as a full-blooded member of the PPR (Prophet Perry's Recruits). I BELIEVE!

Just for giggles, I called the 888 number I have for employee accounts. I obtained that number in the process of setting up a SERO account in late February. I returned the 19.99 Samsung that I opened the account with -- so I could use the discount on a new 700P. (I wanted to make sure I got the SERO account before they closed that off.)

Anyway, I told the rep that I had returned the Samsung because I wanted the Treo 700P and when would it be available. He said a Treo 700 is listed for June 01 (2006 gharrod). I asked if I could pre-book it and he said no as the "template" was not set up yet.

When I asked if that was the 700P or 700W -- he said it just said Treo 700.

FWIW -- but I have now heard the "I heard from tele-sales" for myself.

Cheers, Perry.
    just a quick side question here

perry....the meds i have been taking dont work (nothing does lol)...so....can i buy drugs off of you...please...i'll be your friend...i'll introduce you to coffee crisp chocolate bar, and export ketchup chips for you lol
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    just a quick side question here

perry....the meds i have been taking dont work (nothing does lol)...so....can i buy drugs off of you...please...i'll be your friend...i'll introduce you to coffee crisp chocolate bar, and export ketchup chips for you lol

Oooooo, Coffee Crisp Bars! Got 20 in the cupboard. Want to set up a company to sell them south of your border?

(For the uninformed -- Coffee Crisp Bar is like a Kit Kat "BIG KAT" bar with a hint of coffee flavoring -- must cross the bridge to get them. . . )

Come to the PPR, my friend, we will take care of you.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/08/2006 at 09:18 AM.
    Hi. I am a new member, long time lurker(I tired of the 2 hr+ sessions to converse with a "level 2" tech only to be told that my problem is a software problem) I have found the solutions in the threads at TC. Many thanks as I am personally "technically challenged." I upgraded from my Palm T5 to the 650 primarily to avoid having to carry both a phone and a PDA. I currently am with Sprint and have 4 phones and my 650 on a contract which has expired. I am currently running an IMac with the intel processer having switched from PCs two years ago. I am the only Mac guy in the office and picked up the IMac to be able to run Window based programs for syncing with the rest of the office, IF I HAVE TO. The reason i have been following the debate at TC concerning the 700s is that while I now have the capability to use the 700w, I would prefer to use the 700p. My son has the 700w and he likes it, but is only using it to link with his calender and sync apts. I also have been interested in the Verizon vs. Sprint discussions. While Sprint is generally good in my area, there are areas where I drop calls. Unfortunately, one of those areas happens to be at my home which drives my wife crazy. She is at the university and has a PDA through her work with Verizon but her phone is on my plan with Sprint. So my current choice is to go through her plan with Verizon or to renew my plan with Sprint. The determining factor will be who gets the 700p. Sorry for the long background statement, but being a first time poster I thought the background would help understanding the context of the information. In the past I have attempted to contact someone at Sprint to find out if and when the 700p would be out. I got the standard "I don't know anything" response. Yesterday after reading the posts here, I *2 ed and eventually got a live body. I informed her of my situation and that I was waiting to see if the p came out before going with the w on Verizon. She said she was not aware of a 700p coming out, but put me on hold, then came back and asked for my account password, account name, etc. She then told me that the 700p would be out in about "two weeks." She said she could not give me a date certain and when I inquired about price, she said the pricing was not available but that I would be eligible for a $150.00 discount for each of the 5 lines if I re-upped for 2 more years. My first impression was that she was probably "shinning me on" to keep my business. However, as I think about it, she must realize that if the p does not appear Sprint will lose my business anyway. Based upon the unscientific BS above, I have concluded that the 700p will come out and I guess that puts me in Perry's camp. lol
    Legalbeagle
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mesplin@earthli
    Hi. I am a new member, long time lurker
    Welcome
    Last edited by Postal; 05/08/2006 at 10:55 AM.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    So I stopped in to my local Sprint store this evening and asked about the 700P...

I'm talking to the guy and he pretty much spurts out everything we've already discussed here as rumor...then he pauses for a sec. Looks at me...asks me if I have ever been on "TreoCentral" before...I said I've been there before...

He says...You look just like one of the avatars I saw on some of the boards...

Long story short...HEY JASON. Thanks for the info...

(Dang...now I can't rag on Sprint reps any more!)

EDIT: I wasn't wearing the spandex...so I have no idea how he put 2 and 2 together...
    Okay I dont feel like reading all the above... But are there 700p's out yet? I mean, are reps carrying them around just as a demo/test yet? A sprint rep said a manager at another store is carrying one and I dont know if I should believe him, dont really feel like driving out there yet. Think it's a good call? Are they physically in production yet? (sorry dont feel like readin' all that. lazy.)
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Un4given
    Okay I dont feel like reading all the above... But are there 700p's out yet? I mean, are reps carrying them around just as a demo/test yet? A sprint rep said a manager at another store is carrying one and I dont know if I should believe him, dont really feel like driving out there yet. Think it's a good call? Are they physically in production yet? (sorry dont feel like readin' all that. lazy.)
    IF June 01 is the release date -- yes they would have been produced and they would be arriving in warehouses in the US as we type and read. Ocean freight form the Orient (shipping to arrival in a U.S. domestic warehouse) is 3 to 4 weeks. They would want to build inventory ahead of an announce. They should be arriving now. Yes, I believe it is possible that official production units may have made it into some hands.

Cheers, Perry.

(I am hoping Palm might spill the beans at the May 11th financial meeting -- but that is not a "Press Conference", so maybe not.)
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/09/2006 at 06:53 AM.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    IF June 01 is the release date -- yes they would have been produced and they would be arriving in warehouses in the US as we type and read. Ocean freight form the Orient (shipping to arrival in a U.S. domestic warehouse) is 3 to 4 weeks. They would want to build inventory ahead of an announce. They should be arriving now. Yes, I believe it is possible that official production units may have made it into some hands.

Cheers, Perry.

(I am hoping Palm might spill the beans at the May 11th financial meeting -- but that is not a "Press Conference", so maybe not.)
    I'm sorry Perry...I was confused by what you were saying above because I didn't feel like reading it...
    IF June 01 is the release date --
    Perry, do you think we can survive another three weeks? My Treo 600 is literally falling apart, although it still works like a champ. Do you have any advice short of ingesting pharmaceuticals or physical isolation from access to TC?
    Quote Originally Posted by vflopez
    Perry, do you think we can survive another three weeks? My Treo 600 is literally falling apart, although it still works like a champ. Do you have any advice short of ingesting pharmaceuticals or physical isolation from access to TC?

Duct Tape.

(For the 600, not you. )
    (McGyver was my hero.)

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/09/2006 at 07:52 AM.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Duct Tape.
    (For the 600, not you. )
    (McGyver was my hero.)
    Cheers, Perry.
    Add a rubberband, paperclip and a used band-aid and McGyver could drive it to work.
    I'm too lazy to find out on my own, what's a Treo?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Dictionary - Thesaurus - Encyclopedia - Web
    Top Web Results for "treo"
    No entry found for treo.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Treo: Noun: A device that is known to drive normally quasi-sane men and women to act like raving lunitics during the period between product release announcements. (Note: The lunitic I was referring to may be just me)
    Last edited by BigTex; 05/09/2006 at 09:58 AM.
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex
    Treo: Noun: A device that is known to drive normally quasi-same men and women to act like raving lunitics during the period between product release announcements. (Note: The lunitic I was referring to may be just me)
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    quasi-sane

I gotta learn to type
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!