Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 LastLast
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    While I'm breaking all the rules, I'm going to semi-cross post because I need help from one of you Photoshop gurus. Read on:

OMG - I not only borkes the rules, I pulled a Perry and quoted myself.
    Mr. dstrauss, Mr. dstrauss,
    Your room is ready, in lovely shade of very light red (pink)
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Just spoke with Telesales and she the new treo would not be out until July. Ouch!!!! (Friday May 5, 2006)

Maybe she meant the Windows Treo. I asked her if she could write it in stone and she said yes.

I hope that she is totally filled with "Hot Air""

What are your comments my friend Perry?

I just stopped off and CPU (Computer Parts USA) to use their computer to make this post.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844
    Just spoke with Telesales and she the new treo would not be out until July. Ouch!!!! (Friday May 5, 2006)

Maybe she meant the Windows Treo. I asked her if she could write it in stone and she said yes.

I just stopped off and CPU (Computer Parts USA) to use their computer to make this post.
    Her statement and $4.48 will get you a cup of cofee at Starbucks.
    Please merge with "have you talked"
    I just called Telesales too (800-SPRINT-1). Asked to switch service from the evil Cingular (that always gets them stimulated when they think they can steal a customer). "Brian" was the usual "I know nothing..." and after talking to his supervisor, still couldn't say anything definitive. I told him I'd call back "in a couple of months if they get the phones" and he politely said he hopes so too.

Soooooo...not as lucky as morningstar1844.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    I've attempted a call every other day. Most seem to say end of this month, or June. Some have said months down the line. One or two even said they wouldn't get the phone, that Sprint wasn't going to carry the 700p. Mind you they told this to me, who has actually held it in his hands and used it on his account. I set them straight and told them not to tell customers what they don't know.

Moral of the story? Don't believe what you hear at telesales UNLESS they can really order the phone for you. Everything else is pure speculation, and the people on this board know about 10x as much as the reps working for telesales.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    I've attempted a call every other day. Most seem to say end of this month, or June. Some have said months down the line. One or two even said they wouldn't get the phone, that Sprint wasn't going to carry the 700p. Mind you they told this to me, who has actually held it in his hands and used it on his account. I set them straight and told them not to tell customers what they don't know.

Moral of the story? Don't believe what you hear at telesales UNLESS they can really order the phone for you. Everything else is pure speculation, and the people on this board know about 10x as much as the reps working for telesales.
    I agree, why start yet another thread about I heard crap? Merge or delete.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    While I'm breaking all the rules, I'm going to semi-cross post because I need help from one of you Photoshop gurus. Read on:

OMG - I not only broke the rules, I pulled a Perry and quoted myself.
    I would opt for a larger screen with a small number keypad on a same size Treo. A longer phone would hold no interest for me.
    dstrauss, have you seen the mockup in my signature (which, granted, is long overdue for a revision)? If you're going to slide it open to get to the thumbboard, why limit yourself to a cramped thumbboard and a small screen?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    I will not waste too much redundant time and space but I was told by one of my more credible Sprint reps that he was at a Sprint convetion or something like that since I was in a hurry, that he spoke to a rep from Palm, and she said Sprint is getting an exclusive on the 700p for two months, and that he claimed his store will have it by the second or third week of this month. She sent him an email stating these so called facts. I told him to forward this email to me at home for me to see...I am still awaiting this email. He did give me bullseye information as to when the Blade came out and he contacted me and sold me the first one out of his store for my wife...but then again, who knows.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    I will not waste too much redundant time and space but I was told by one of my more credible Sprint reps that he was at a Sprint convetion or something like that since I was in a hurry, that he spoke to a rep from Palm, and she said Sprint is getting an exclusive on the 700p for two months, and that he claimed his store will have it by the second or third week of this month. She sent him an email stating these so called facts. I told him to forward this email to me at home for me to see...I am still awaiting this email. He did give me bullseye information as to when the Blade came out and he contacted me and sold me the first one out of his store for my wife...but then again, who knows.
    Here is the email...

Official Sprint email
    May 3, 2006

Sprint will get the P for 2 months by ourselves.

Signed,
    Epsteins Mother

700P week of June 5th

If something is coming in July -- it would be the 700W. (Jan 5th pus 6 months Verizon exclusive = July.)

(My sources keep saying 700P only and the week of June 5th. I'm sticking with them.)

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Perry, you do know that there are some members just waiting for this to happen. They keep circling around to come back and see if something (good or bad) happened.
    I shall not crash and burn. . .. . .

I Believe.

I will not be disappointed.

Ed C. will deliver.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by sempka
    Please merge with "have you talked"
    <merged>
    Called Telesales this afternoon. The agent said that the Treo would be release in July. Asked her if it was written in stone and she said yes.

Personally I feel she is full of "Hot Air"

Then I stopped by a Sprint Store and the Lady said they recevied a notice that will they will stop selling the Treo 650 in two months.

Perry what is your take on this?
    <merged, again>
    bah, all trash... its coming, soon.
    Talked with one today. Of course, he's probably no better or worse than the other 600 people on this thread. He said that it was coming out July 1st. I guess that's another data point to heap on. Is someone mathematically plotting these? Perhaps we can get a bell curve or something.
    Called Telesales this afternoon. The agent said that the Treo would be release in July. Asked her if it was written in stone and she said yes.

Personally I feel she is full of "Hot Air"

Then I stopped by a Sprint Store and the Lady said they recevied a notice that will they will stop selling the Treo 650 in two months.

Perry what is your take on this?

700P = Week of June 5th (Sources Say)

700W = July (My speculation based on stuff I have read on TC)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    dstrauss, have you seen the mockup in my signature (which, granted, is long overdue for a revision)? If you're going to slide it open to get to the thumbboard, why limit yourself to a cramped thumbboard and a small screen?
    I linke that 480x320 design, but can you make something like that very thin? I assume it would have a smaller external display with dialpad?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.