Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 LastLast
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    -. --- .-.-.- / .--- ..- ... - / - .... .. -. -.- .. -. --. / .- .-.. --- ..- -..
    no comment. well...I guess that's a comment. but no further comment!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    -. --- / -.-. --- -- -- . -. - .-.-.- / .-- . .-.. .-.. .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- .. / --. ..- . ... ... / - .... .- - .----. ... / .- / -.-. --- -- -- . -. - .-.-.- / -... ..- - / -. --- / ..-. ..- .-. - .... . .-. / -.-. --- -- -- . -. -!!
    .. ..-. / -.. --- --- -- / -.-. .- -. / --. --- / .- / -- --- -. - .... / --- .-. / - .-- --- / .--. --- ... - .. -. --. / --- -. .-.. -.-- / .. -. / . -- --- - .. -.-. --- -. ... --..-- / .. / -.-. .- -. / --. --- / .- / ..-. . .-- / .-- . . -.- ... / .--. --- ... - .. -. --. / .. -. / -- --- .-. ... . .-.-.-
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey
    This one was out of the blue...

About 30 minutes ago, my Sprint phone (Samsung i300, please don't laugh at how ancient it is!) rang, and it was "Victoria from Sprint/Nextel" on the line. She said she was calling because I'm a long-time Sprint customer and am on a discount plan through my employer (Sprint is one of the "preferred vendors" here at EMC, so employees can get a discount on their personal phones) and she wanted to let me know that I can get $150 off a new phone if I sign up for a 2-year contract within the next 30 days. Curious at what kind of reaction I could provoke, I demurred that I really didn't want to upgrade to a new phone until the Treo 700p became available. She interrupted me with a wry chuckle and immediately said that it would be available on May 28th. I pressed her to clarify whether she meant 700p with PalmOS instead of 700w with Windows, and she was adamant that it was the p. I pointed out that May 28th was over the Memorial Day weekend so she wouldn't be able to get any commission if I called back that day and ended up buying one through some other rep. She told me to call her back at 877-607-9807 on Tuesday the 30th between 8:00 and 5:30 CDT (I don't know where in the central time zone she is) and ask for Victoria, and she would then be able to sell me a 700p. I pointed out that $150 off for a 2-year commitment was exactly what's available to every retail Sprint customer who has had their existing phone for 2 years, and asked what additional discounts I could get as an EMC employee. She stated that the extra discount varied from handset to handset and that she didn't have that figure for the 700p yet since it hasn't yet gone on sale, but that she would at the end of May after release.

So there it is, take it for what you will. I've included her name and contact number if any skeptics want to call and ask themselves to see what kind of answer they get to the 700p question. I did call the number back just to verify that it does indeed go to Sprint sales.

After this experience, you can sign me up as a full-blooded member of the PPR (Prophet Perry's Recruits). I BELIEVE!

I am hearing the gentle plastic ping of Best Buy cards. . . . . . . . . . .
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Just wanted to see if I could get eight in a row.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey
    This one was out of the blue...

About 30 minutes ago, my Sprint phone (Samsung i300, please don't laugh at how ancient it is!) rang, and it was "Victoria from Sprint/Nextel" ...
    Aha - Victoria's Secret...

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I am hearing the gentle plastic ping of Best Buy cards. . . . . . . . . . .
    Them chicken's ain't hatched yet, pilgrim...
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Them chicken's ain't hatched yet, pilgrim...

At least this thread is now on topic. I fear that ping I hear is 200+ posts going south to OT. What shall I name the new thread I start in it's place?

700P Count Down

May 28th, Round 3

Or should I just start the thread in OT?

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    At least this thread is now on topic. I fear that ping I hear is 200+ posts going south to OT. What shall I name the new thread I start in it's place?

700P Count Down

May 28th, Round 3

Or should I just start the thread in OT?

Cheers, Perry.
    I agree Perry, I think a couple of posters need to move their conversation to a thread in the Off Topic (OT) forum. Let's make some attempt to keep this thread on topic and open for rumors of the new device.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    If a thread in OT is On-topic in another thread does it make it off topic in off topic?
    Trust me, I'm a producer.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    I agree Perry, I think a couple of posters need to move their conversation to a thread in the Off Topic (OT) forum. Let's make some attempt to keep this thread on topic and open for rumors of the new device.
    With all due respect, there has been very little new information in the past six months, so let's not get too serious about this. We've got the specs and a date, what else is there to say until it comes out?
    Perry -

Hypothetically; if there is no Palm 700p for Sprint in the next 30 days, what is your backup plan (no, this is not a trick question to earn my Starbuck's card)? Seriously, is it just wait them out or what?
    First, I die from the shock of my sources being wrong.

Second, I deal with all the fallout here on the TC forum, from my sources being wrong.

Third, I wait for the 900P. The Palm over Linux Treo. The 650 does all I need, I am just looking for that EV-DO speed.

But all that is mere fantasy, for the 700P is real and will be here soon.

Cheers, Perry.
    Perry -

Hypothetically; if there is no Palm 700p for Sprint in the next 30 days, what is your backup plan (no, this is not a trick question to earn my Starbuck's card)? Seriously, is it just wait them out or what?
    Perry, you do know that there are some members just waiting for this to happen. They keep circling around to come back and see if something (good or bad) happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by mymellowman
    If a thread in OT is On-topic in another thread does it make it off topic in off topic?
    I believe that's been asked before and there was a thread with such title.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000

Perry -

Perry, you do know that there are some members just waiting for this to happen. They keep circling around to come back and see if something (good or bad) happened.
    Man, that's cold. I was actually trying to get back on topic there Mr. Threadmeister. If this were the NBA, they'd get you for throwing elbows...
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Man, that's cold. I was actually trying to get back on topic there Mr. Threadmeister. If this were the NBA, they'd get you for throwing elbows...
    Yeah...but you need to realize that he managed to "allow" all the Morse code and keep the thread alive just so that he could post that!
    I apologize, I did not mean to put you on the spot. I was not referring to you in particular but want to point out the specific behaviour.

It is like those freeway gawkers when an accident happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Yeah...but you need to realize that he managed to "allow" all the Morse code and keep the thread alive just so that he could post that!
    Sorry, I failed my morse code exams.

Anyway, back on topic, I am routing for aenigma's prediction that is why I watch this thread.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    I apologize, I did not mean to put you on the spot. I was not referring to you in particular but want to point out the specific behaviour.

It is like those freeway gawkers when an accident happens.
    Just to clarify...you didn't mean to put him on the spot -- you meant that he was a freeway accident?
    That's me, road kill on the information super highway.
    While I'm breaking all the rules, I'm going to semi-cross post because I need help from one of you Photoshop gurus. Read on:

...What the Treo (and all of these phones - WM5 or POS) really need is a dual keyboard - a regular phone dial pad that slides or otherwise moves so you can then use the Treo qwerty keyboard. Think about a slightly longer/narrower Tungsten, so when the slider pulls down it reveals the Treo keyboard. Closed, its got a one-handed standard dial pad.

Given the very thin structure of the Razr and HTC Star Trek series dial pads, an etched dialpad sliding over a Treo qwerty keyboard would be the berries - now we're talking. Hey, one of you photoshop gurus need to do a mock up of a jewel like that.
    OMG - I not only broke the rules, I pulled a Perry and quoted myself.