Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 302
  1. #181  
    But more info/rumors/etc. point to a Sprint P soon, right?

    IMO, it would be very easy to go ahead and do some training on the W since it is a known, released platform. However, they are still trying to keep the wraps on the P!

    Also, IMHO, the guys in Sprint Tech in OK are, well, OK. They have done me good a few times!
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
  2. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #182  
    Perry - to your point on WHY W or P...No P or No W....

    I think the main reason you're hearing things like that from Sprint employees is that, unlike the folks around here, the Treo isn't the center of their universe. I know that I can walk in to one of my local stores and ask about the Treo and 50% of the folks on floor know where it is located on the floor...and that is it. Of the other 50% of them...there's usually only 1 or 2 that will actually know anything deeper than "it's a phone from Palm".

    I used to train retail salespeople for a living...and I always had a few product evangelists in the store who loved my products and knew everything about them. But I had far more people in each store who simply tolerated my sales training because I gave away coffee cups and pizza...I suspect that within Sprint, at least, you'll get conflicting information because so many of those people simply aren't LISTENING to what they are being told...
  3. #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Perry - to your point on WHY W or P...No P or No W....

    I think the main reason you're hearing things like that from Sprint employees is that, unlike the folks around here, the Treo isn't the center of their universe. I know that I can walk in to one of my local stores and ask about the Treo and 50% of the folks on floor know where it is located on the floor...and that is it. Of the other 50% of them...there's usually only 1 or 2 that will actually know anything deeper than "it's a phone from Palm".

    I used to train retail salespeople for a living...and I always had a few product evangelists in the store who loved my products and knew everything about them. But I had far more people in each store who simply tolerated my sales training because I gave away coffee cups and pizza...I suspect that within Sprint, at least, you'll get conflicting information because so many of those people simply aren't LISTENING to what they are being told...

    I agree totally on Store personnel and first line tele-sales -- I expect the different levels of knowledge there on any one particular phone -- what I don't get -- is Doom's RVP saying he has never heard of the 700P. Doom feels he would be forthcoming. I just can't reconcile the conflict in data -- other than to say -- the guy is protecting his job or is not in the loop -- but Doom's comments indicate that neither of those situations are the case.. . . . . . . .

    Cheers, Perry.
  4. #184  
    This one was out of the blue...

    About 30 minutes ago, my Sprint phone (Samsung i300, please don't laugh at how ancient it is!) rang, and it was "Victoria from Sprint/Nextel" on the line. She said she was calling because I'm a long-time Sprint customer and am on a discount plan through my employer (Sprint is one of the "preferred vendors" here at EMC, so employees can get a discount on their personal phones) and she wanted to let me know that I can get $150 off a new phone if I sign up for a 2-year contract within the next 30 days. Curious at what kind of reaction I could provoke, I demurred that I really didn't want to upgrade to a new phone until the Treo 700p became available. She interrupted me with a wry chuckle and immediately said that it would be available on May 28th. I pressed her to clarify whether she meant 700p with PalmOS instead of 700w with Windows, and she was adamant that it was the p. I pointed out that May 28th was over the Memorial Day weekend so she wouldn't be able to get any commission if I called back that day and ended up buying one through some other rep. She told me to call her back at 877-607-9807 on Tuesday the 30th between 8:00 and 5:30 CDT (I don't know where in the central time zone she is) and ask for Victoria, and she would then be able to sell me a 700p. I pointed out that $150 off for a 2-year commitment was exactly what's available to every retail Sprint customer who has had their existing phone for 2 years, and asked what additional discounts I could get as an EMC employee. She stated that the extra discount varied from handset to handset and that she didn't have that figure for the 700p yet since it hasn't yet gone on sale, but that she would at the end of May after release.

    So there it is, take it for what you will. I've included her name and contact number if any skeptics want to call and ask themselves to see what kind of answer they get to the 700p question. I did call the number back just to verify that it does indeed go to Sprint sales.

    After this experience, you can sign me up as a full-blooded member of the PPR (Prophet Perry's Recruits). I BELIEVE!
    Last edited by EvilMonkey; 05/04/2006 at 03:09 PM.
  5. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #185  
    'Release date' and 'taking orders' dates don't always align... but it looks like another log for the padded room May 28th fire
  6. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey
    After this experience, you can sign me up as a full-blooded member of the PPR (Prophet Perry's Recruits). I BELIEVE!
    Hmmm....EvilMonkey...are you certain your Sprint rep doesn't look like mine?

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...chmentid=11414

    Come to think of it...your avatar looks a lot like my Sprint rep. Coincidence? I don't think so!
  7. #187  
    It starts . . . . . .. . the tidal wave begins. . . . .
  8. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #188  
    I received a PM a few minutes ago from someone who wishes to remain anonymous. He/she sent me to a webring of "hoax" photographers who's job it is to take all those lousy, blurry images of supposed Treo 700's that seem to make their way into these forums.

    Unfortunately, I am not at liberty to provide the actual URLs involved in the webring, however, I was able to acess photo archives on one of the sites. I found the attached group photo -- it was apparently taken a few months ago when the group met at an undisclosed hotel in a major metro area.

    Do any of you recognize these people?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  9. #189  
    Hey - there's Perry, first row second form the left!
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  10. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #190  
    Is that Slinky standing next to Perry and what is that in his hand, it looks like, it could be, I think it is a Blackberry?
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  11. #191  
    How did that PPR photo get out !!
  12. #192  
    Calling Palm Secrecy Police for advice .... .. .. . . . . . . .
  13. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    How did that PPR photo get out !!
    I have my sources P-man. Don't think your high and mighty attitude around here is tolerated by everyone!
  14. #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Calling Palm Secrecy Police for advice .... .. .. . . . . . . .
    -.. --- . ... / .--. . .-. .-. -.-- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . ..--..
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  15. #195  
    Oh lord, where did I leave my Morse Code book?
  16. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #196  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    -.. --- . ... / .--. . .-. .-. -.-- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . ..--..
    I'll guess we'll have to wait and see. I know I don't...but it wasn't hard to figure out...

    EDIT: Since he's on the trail...

    http://www.babbage.demon.co.uk/morseabc.html
  17. #197  
    .--. . .-. .... .- .--. ... / .. / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .--. --- ... - / --- -. .-.. -.-- / .. -. / -.-. --- -.. . / ..- -. - .. .-.. / - .... . / --... ----- ----- .--. / .. ... / .-. . .-.. . .- ... . -.. .-.-.-
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  18. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    .--. . .-. .... .- .--. ... / .. / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .--. --- ... - / --- -. .-.. -.-- / .. -. / -.-. --- -.. . / ..- -. - .. .-.. / - .... . / --... ----- ----- .--. / .. ... / .-. . .-.. . .- ... . -.. .-.-.-
    Okay...I may have enough time to waste trolling these forums...but I have limited brain function because of a dibilitating event in my childhood (doctor's refer to it as "birth"). I just can't make a second crack at this so soon...

    Someone else can figure this one out and win the free temporary tattoo pack...
  19. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    .--. . .-. .... .- .--. ... / .. / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .--. --- ... - / --- -. .-.. -.-- / .. -. / -.-. --- -.. . / ..- -. - .. .-.. / - .... . / --... ----- ----- .--. / .. ... / .-. . .-.. . .- ... . -.. .-.-.-
    Okay...Okay...I am a sucker for a puzzle.

    I don't recommend it...or you'll probably just be chatting with me. And that AINT NO FUN.
  20. #200  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Okay...Okay...I am a sucker for a puzzle.

    I don't recommend it...or you'll probably just be chatting with me. And that AINT NO FUN.
    -. --- .-.-.- / .--- ..- ... - / - .... .. -. -.- .. -. --. / .- .-.. --- ..- -..
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions