1.    #1  
    Background: I have a Cingular 650 with the screen "pop" issue when the screen turns off. I also have an issue with the Call Timer in that it stops counting at 31 seconds when the screen shuts off. If I turn the screen on during a call, the timer will adjust to the correct time until the screen shuts off again. So basically the timer is NEVER correct when I get off a call.

Do any of you reading this think the two could be related? Could a wire short out when the screen shuts off causing the "pop" and cutting off the counting of the timer?
    Please respond with what you think. I am thinking about opening up the Treo to take a look. Can anyone direct me to a procedure for opening the Treo? I would like to fix this annoying problem on my otherwise flawless Treo. Please help me out.
  2.    #2  
    Surely someone has something to say about my theory. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!
    do you have these problems after doing a hard reset?
    several regular phones -> sidekick 2 -> treo 650 -> hopefully 700p
  4.    #4  
    yes
  5.    #5  
    I know there are people on this forum who have the knowledge to help me out a bit. At least point me in the right direction. PLEASE!