1.    #1  
    I'm going to be getting a Treo 650 soon

I have a Razr and before that a v710, both moto phones. one of the things of a moto phone is the ability to insert these funny animations in the text message. its like a little guy with an oversized head laughing or smiling or angry, or whatever. when you text back and forth between another person who has a similar phone, you can send these animations back and forth. but for example, if i have a razy and send a text to someone else who has a treo 650 and on the razy i insert the angry animation, the treo 650 that receives it will end up with only an angry smiley, because thats all the treo has in its database- smileys, not animations. but likewise, if the treo 650 sends a text message to a razr and the treo inserts an angry smiley, the razr will receive it and the razr will show the angry animation. it goes by whatever is on the phone

so the question is, can i update the treo 650 with the moto (or any other kind) animations? this is really important to me.
  2.    #2  
    anybody????
    Wouldn't that be kewl!!!

Sorry, if little cute animations are so important, stick with your Moto.

MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4.    #4  
    no need to riducule me. Its a simple question. my fiance likes to send me animations, like in the morning she says good morning and inserts a kissing animation, and i likewise do the same for her (long distance relationship). its just a little thing we do. just because I use the animations doesnt mean i'm a teenager.

I just want to know if this is possible..because if it is, that would be kewl n I would rulz 4eva!!!!1!
    I missed the ridicule. This reply is of no use to you but funny anyway.

My wife and I went to college in 2 different states, I was in PA she was in OH. We wrote everyday, EVERYDAY. Her envolopes had little drawings and such on them. She would us roman numerals for my address or a picture of a beaver and a water fall so it would go to Beaver Falls, PA. Anyway on day I received a letter from her and all that was on it was a drawing of a pig (my nickname is piggy) and a return address of a bunny (hers is bunny). This doesn't seem as funny writing it.:|
    Anyway 4 years 300 miles apart didn't stop us from getting married 10 years ago this Aug and having 5 kids. Have faith

NH+JH 4Ever
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
  6.    #6  
    LOL... this is not a story about a long distance relationship that hinges on text messages with animations. I just want to know if its possible. I think its possible because the treo is like a computer and you can add 3rd party apps and customize any which way you prefer. i'm probably gonna get the treo anyway (only b/c i'm getting it for free) but it would be really convienent for me if there was something I could do to get animations in my texts...
    So far there are no overlay apps that enable this that I am aware of.

Which by the way is what insertion meant when he said "sorry"
    Quote Originally Posted by crucifixion
    no need to riducule me. Its a simple question. my fiance likes to send me animations, like in the morning she says good morning and inserts a kissing animation, and i likewise do the same for her (long distance relationship). its just a little thing we do. just because I use the animations doesnt mean i'm a teenager.

I just want to know if this is possible..because if it is, that would be kewl n I would rulz 4eva!!!!1!
    How was it ridicule? It can't be done.

You're the one who said it was "really important" to you, ergo, stick with the Moto.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    So far there are no overlay apps that enable this that I am aware of.

Which by the way is what insertion meant when he said "sorry"
    Thank you. I may need to use you as my Universal Translator.

10.    #10  
    I took it that way partly because when you said "Wouldn't that be kewl!!!" and then followed it up with "Sorry, if little cute animations are so important, stick with your Moto." it just seemed like a joke. especially considering you neither confirmed nor denied the possibility of my inquiry

but if no harm given, then no harm received.

I'm just trying to find out if the animations on a treo are possible or not
    The smileys on the razr are probably text generated... Kinda like the smilies on this board... Forward one of the text messages sent from razor to razor to a email addy or regular phone.. And see if it shows you the text used to make the smiley...
    HTC Touch Pro
  12.    #12  
    R1...i tried that...when you attempt to send a text message with animation, you get an error that says "EMS messages can not be sent to email"