1.    #1  
    Anyone know of any downloadable navigation software (GPS) that I can use for car trips. I don't want to buy the whole GPS kit, just some downloadable software.

Thanks!
    You can buy the TomTom software all by itself and use your own BT GPS receiver (if you have one). There is no "freebie" for this one. Those maps are expensive. Of course you could always just go to maps.yahoo.com or www.mapquest.com and get driving directions from their web sites over Blazer, then just read off the directions (copy them to the memo pad).
    You need a GPS receiver to be able to track your position. Without that, all you will have is a very compact map. You can use something like KMAPS from the web to locate destinations, etc but not to navigate on a trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamoni
    Anyone know of any downloadable navigation software (GPS) that I can use for car trips. I don't want to buy the whole GPS kit, just some downloadable software.
    If I could give ya an anology.....you got a saw and wanna build some cabinets and you are looking to buy some wood but ya don't wanna buy any clamps, glue, hammer, hardware or fasteners.

To use navigation you need a combination of hardware and software.

-The Treo gives you a screen and computing power.
    -A GPS receiver takes the signal from the satellite's and feeds positioning info to the Treo.
    -The GPS software takes that position info and plops your "avatar" down on a map in real time.
    -A charging cradle keeps your Treo's battery from dying when you half way to destination. It also holds yur Treo upright so you can make sense of the images on teh screen.
    -A mount holds the charging cradle in position and keeps the cradle and Treo from flying around the car whenever you make a turn. It also keeps teh Treo / cradle in easy view from your position behind the wheel.

The software is $159....as little as an extra $40 gets you everything else.

Look here for some ideas.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...TS&Category=48

Another option is:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=108607

but the free sotware ain't gonna halp ya without the hardware. I have to say most peeps atttemting use have not gotten very far.