Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I have tried 2 hard resets and a HotSync and when ever the phone boots up with "Phone off" and i try to turn wireless mode on, the phone resets, creating a loop.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Bad SIM if you're a GSM user?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Im with Sprint. I even just tried a zero reset and still the problem is there,
    when did this problem start? did you do custom rom?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    no, didnt do any custom rom that I can think of, im not even sure what that is/does. I did just install FileZ, DA and some other popular program that I cant remember.

Perhaps I am doing the zero-reset wrong? I am holding UP and power button, hitting hotsync (while still holding other buttons) and then putting stylus in my mouth to hit reset. Is that the correct way? Palm's says my phone should appear dead for several minutes but its only dead for about 30 seconds.
    Last edited by Redhero; 04/05/2006 at 06:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Are you trying to use turn the radio on before hotsyncing or after? If you can't turn it on without reseting after doing a hard reset but before hotsyincing it is a problem with the hardware. If it's doing it after a hotsync it's something you are adding to it.
    If it is in a reset loop, do a warm reset (hold up button while pushing the reset button). When you get to the phone screen type ##377 dial. That will most likely tell you what is causing the loop, and definitely sounds like something you added to the phone if you did a hotsync after the reset before trying to turn on the phone. Do a hard reset then try to turn on the phone without hotsyncing as was said above. If it works fine, that it's something being reinstalled when you hotsync.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhero
    I have tried 2 hard resets and a HotSync and when ever the phone boots up with "Phone off" and i try to turn wireless mode on, the phone resets, creating a loop.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Go to prefs and disable automatic network time setting. This is a known cause of random resets.
    Hope this helps

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I got home and did a Firmware update to 1.13 and it solved the problem. THanks for the replies guys.