1.    #1  
    I have a custom "bare bones" 1.17-CNG rom currently installed with the fat32 support added. It works ok but I often have a problem with versamail connecting to gmail. Is it worth it to upgrade to the 1.20 rom for the unlocked phones? Is there any compelling reason to stay with the Cingular version? Just trying to get some enthusiast opinions here.
    I've used both. Here's my conclusions: From a stability standpoint they are similar. I don't like the Cingular version for only one reason...The power saving routine they use for dimming the screen during a call seems to disable the screen altogether, so I can't use the keypad or other app during a call. It also occasionally overrides the system power saving default (I have mine at 3 mins) and cuts off the screen after 30 seconds of inactivity. I have customized both flavors to remove the Xpressmail and Good. Versamail works well in 1.20, but I don't use gmail, so I can't help you there.
    hey jimmy, anyway you could post those Rom's? I just haven't had the time to make a new rom and I'm getting closer to having my Treo work perfectly... I think I just need a little more ram...
    rkub:

Just use the romtool by mmastrac. It'd very easy to remove stuff.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.