1.    #1  
    I am interested in purcahsing the new units that are coming out that have the bluetooth built into the radio. These are aftermarket so has anyone tried the radios with the 650 yet?

any thoughts on these would be nice !
    I've installed a harness in my car and purchased a bluetooth access point, and i am waiting for WM5 AKU2. I dont know what the A2DP sound quality is like, but I think a SD card slot in the aftermarket stereo would be a nice compliment to the treo as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruckus2k1
    I am interested in purcahsing the new units that are coming out that have the bluetooth built into the radio. These are aftermarket so has anyone tried the radios with the 650 yet?

any thoughts on these would be nice !
    My company has tested the Parrot unit with success. Not sure how well it will work with the Treo, but works very well with the RAZR, and the stereo portion of the kit is above average at least.
  4.    #4  
    well how about the bluetooth built into the deck?
    The bluetooth built in worked very well. Of course, the sound is excellent since it is working through your car's existing speakers. The music cuts out when a call comes in, and returns once the call is ended. Features are not spectacular like some high end Car Kit only set ups, but for someone who just wants to make some calls, and listen to some CD's, its killer.
    Interesting, they told me at circuit city that the parrot units dont do stereo, wait, why was i listening to circuit city again?
  7.    #7  
    accy what unit do you have?
    We tested the Parrot RHYTHM N'BLUE, CD/MP3/Bluetooth car receiver. I am not sure if it is actually on the market just yet. It seems like a good fit for you Treo freaks. Always looking for the latest and greatest...
    Anyone know where I can get more info on the bluetooth access point? I'd love to add bluetooth acess to my existing stereo....
  10.    #10  
    now does parrot have XM radio??
    Quote Originally Posted by Accy Vendor
    My company has tested the Parrot unit with success. Not sure how well it will work with the Treo, but works very well with the RAZR, and the stereo portion of the kit is above average at least.
    I am looking at the Parrot now, it mentions bluetooth for phone usage and data transfer, but not bluetooth stereo audio ( A2DP ). If you have a link that shows it has the capability, please post it.

That way I can manager all of my music and playlists from my Treo, the stereo just acts as an audio gateway.
    No A2DP on this unit.

Product Info .pdf
  13.    #13  
    price?
    I think that the Sony MEX-BT5000 is what we're waiting for; A2DP is included:

http://www.sony-europe.com/res/attac...0104316238.pdf

I didn't see any info about price.
    Also, there's mixed information about when A2DP support will reach the Parrot RHYTHM N'BLUE ... apparently later this year, but it's unclear whether the current hardware+firmware will be upgradable:
    http://www.parrot.biz/forums/english...pic.php?id=778

It looks as though you can pick one up for ~$260 now.
    The way I read it, you will have to upgrade hardware to get the A2DP, which means buying a new unit. Better to wait for the A2DP version to come out.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    If at first you don't succeed...skydiving is not for you.
    has anyone tried the motorola dc 800 as an access point using audio gateway and the 650?
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.