1.    #1  
    My 650 sleeps after 30 seconds. I have it set to stay on for 3 minutes. No matter if it is using phone, calendar, verichat, web, etc. I can go back in and change it to 2 minutes or verify 3 minutes and it might stay on that long for the next time or two i use it, but then it is back to 30 seconds. I have done the soft reset and, again, it helps for a time or two, but then its back to 30 seconds. Any ideas as to a fix?

BTW, this is the ONLY glitch i've had on this phone. Uber quality and stability.

Thanks,
    Jason
  2.    #2  
    bump
    Who is your carrier? What firmware/software are you using? Make sure your Treo is up to date.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Have you looked at any 3rd party settings? There are bunches that do control the display on time and the one I had did a good job of being very persistent. I believe Treo Guard is the one I used on the 600 and deleted it on the 650. Ben
  5.    #5  
    This is a Cingular phone with current firmware. 3rd party apps include TCPMP, Bike or Die, Dataviz apps, SoundRec, and Qset. Any potential problems with that?
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Qset$ $doesn$'$t$ $work$ $on$ $the$ $650$.

(not that that has anything to do with your problem)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I also have that same problem from time to time. I also have Cingular with the most recent ROM update. I have most of the programs you have, Butler,TCPMP, SoundRec, Docs to Go, amound a couple others
  8.    #8  
    I have 1.51 and 1.17- CNG
    Do a good backup and a hard reset. Does it still do it? Then sync your PIM data over and check again. After that, reinstall each app one at a time and check between each installation to see which one causes the problem.

Good luck!
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdub71
    My 650 sleeps after 30 seconds. I have it set to stay on for 3 minutes. No matter if it is using phone, calendar, verichat, web, etc.
    I have the exact same problem and so does a friend who just got a CNG 650. It drives one crazy when trying to use Palm apps. I have latest firmware as the phone is new. The phone keyguard timer should not be controlling non-phone apps. Help.
    Patrick Horne
    Have you tried the AlwaysOn freeware app?