1.    #1  
    There was a pilot here asking if there was an application which would allow him to place the Treo on its side and he needed teh app to switch teh screen view 90 degress for easier viewing. I couldn't find the original post but this app appears to do that:

http://www.mobile-stream.com/landscape_info.html
    the screen is square - wft for?
    so you can place it on the side.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Hey guys... I don't get to say this to 4 digit posters very often:

Do a search!

There are a bunch of threads on this. Landscape is wanted for those of us using the IR keyboards. If you could lay the Treo on it's side, then it would be more stable and you'd have access to the headset jack and power jack.

For those who care.. while this app didn't work on a Treo before, there's hope:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ion#post945754
    Last edited by santa; 04/04/2006 at 10:05 PM.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    the screen is square - wft for?
    I didn't quite understand it as I woulda thot you would want a mounting cradle in a plane with the turbulence and all but peep said he wanted to lay it in it's side so it would be less likely to fall over.
    or for if and when someone comes out with an arm band solution to carry the T650 in the gym to enter workouts in a workout program AS YOU are working out. Landscape would rock, in this situation.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I didn't quite understand it as I woulda thot you would want a mounting cradle in a plane with the turbulence and all but peep said he wanted to lay it in it's side so it would be less likely to fall over.
    I'm not sure why you'd want it if you don't have the keyboard, but using a keyboard it's the difference between it sitting on the rounded bottom of the Treo (so maybe 1/2" most of contact with the rubber strip on the keyboard) and the whole side of the Treo (so maybe 3 1/2" of contact with the rubber strip). Combine that with a lower center of gravity and access to the headphone jack. A much better solution.

I tried the landscape on a plane with an earlier beta of Rotation, and it was VERY stable. With that much contact with the rubber strip it didn't move at all. When I get home, I'll hook it up to the keyboard and take a couple of pictures to post.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    or for if and when someone comes out with an arm band solution to carry the T650 in the gym to enter workouts in a workout program AS YOU are working out. Landscape would rock, in this situation.
    Cool. Maybe this would even get me to start working out.

Or not.