1.    #1  
    I there a way to install a prc from an sd card? I have a 6700 and am trying to install tcpmp on my friends 650 from sd card bc he says his datasync isn't working. we are at work together so we don't really have access to anything other than our phones and the sd card. please help =)
    Have you tried copying the .prc straight over using the Treo menu - Copy command?
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    Not familiar with 6700 but can you do any of these ?

e-mail it to him
    beam it to him
    swap SD cards

Question I have tho.....I'm pretty sure the WM5 and palm versions of TCPMP are different. Cause by the information givem your friend needs palm version and you are using WM5 version. can't he just d/l the right version from here:

http://tcpmp.corecodec.org/download

to his Treo ?
  4.    #4  
    I do have the palm version of tcpmp so that's not an issue. he currently does not have internet so he can't just dl it. I took the single prc file and have it on the card outside of any of my folders. when I insert it into his 650 it doesn't show up.
    Do you have FileZ? If so, you can find it there and copy it to the Treo.
    If not, have you tried copying the .prc file to the Launcher directory of the SD card (Palm\Launcher)?
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    Quote Originally Posted by morphiend
    I do have the palm version of tcpmp so that's not an issue. he currently does not have internet so he can't just dl it. I took the single prc file and have it on the card outside of any of my folders. when I insert it into his 650 it doesn't show up.

Ok that leaves beaming ? Does the 6700 / WM5 have this capability ?

Or how about Softick card export ? If you can get it from your device to PC, he can place it on his 650 using Card export.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercoffee1
    Do you have FileZ? If so, you can find it there and copy it to the Treo.
    If not, have you tried copying the .prc file to the Launcher directory of the SD card (Palm\Launcher)?
    FileZ ain't gonna help him if he can't see the file on either the card of the 650. He sees the file on the SD card on his WM5 device but not on the 650.
    FYI..You can't use WM version on a Palm device and vice versa. So even if you can copy it you still cant use it.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Try this:
    From Blazer type file:///yourprogram.prc
    or file:///yourdirectory/yourprogram.prc

Then follow the choices to download to applications.

-Widdy
    Quote Originally Posted by morphiend
    You might want to check the formatting of the card. The 6700 supports FAT32 and likely formats it that way by default. Out of the box (w/o the shadowmite hacked ROM) the T650 only supports FAT16.

If your SD (assuming mini-sd w/ adaptor, since 6700 doesn't use reg. SD) card is formatted as FAT32, his treo won't be able to read it. You'll have to re-format the card as FAT16 instead. Then it should be fine.
    HP95LX--->Palm m130--->Palm Zire71--->Treo 700P --->Palm Pré
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    FYI..You can't use WM version on a Palm device and vice versa. So even if you can copy it you still cant use it.
    I thot the same thing but apparently he has both versions on is card.
    Doh. Didnt see he posted he had the Palm version. Maybe for lunch you guys can buy an SD card reader. I'm pretty sure your PC can read both cards and it's contents.
    Look for a program called MyInstall. You can place .prc's into a folder named MyInstall on your sd card then run the MyInstall program from the Palm launcher and the .prc gets installed. Has been very stable for me.