Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I use the Virtual Laser BT Keyboard. And I love it. It is slick. The only drawback is that you need a flat surface to project the laser keyboad to type from.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I would take the laptop (unless it is one of the older 40 pounders). The Treo is great, but more options with the laptop.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    I'm going to Hawaii next week and I'm leavin' the laptop behind! After all, this is not a business trip, but pleasure. But I am taking the Treo. Just got one of those new waterproof cases from the TreoCentral store. We'll see how it handles kayaking and snorkeling!

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    If you aren't umbilically connected via an e-mail addiction or job requirement, by all means leave it home. If you can look at a list of 100 e-mails and feel the need to respond only to urgent ones, leave it home. If you aren't going to be called upon to review more than 1 -3 spreadsheets, doc files or whatever, leave it home.

If you are going to spend more than 2 hours looking at a screen or typing, bring the laptop.
  5.    #25  
    Hey, thanks everyone for the GREAT advice! Awesome! Alright, decision made, no laptop, as I am going for a wedding and then some R&R with my girlfriend. This is a bit off topic, but I'd like to go to TJ, Mexico. Anyone have any suggestions, and, in this case, warnings???

I don't even want to take my Treo into Mexico, so what's the best way? Park it on the U.S. side and take some kind of shuttle? Someone told me about that. Also, I'd like to pick up some cheap meds there (yes, I have valid scripts!) from a Mexican pharmacy. I hear that's very popular if you live close to the Mexican border. Is that legal?

Oh, and is there a wap site for Paypal as well? Or can I just log in with Blazer?

Thanks again so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude
    Hey, thanks everyone for the GREAT advice! Awesome! Alright, decision made, no laptop, as I am going for a wedding and then some R&R with my girlfriend. This is a bit off topic, but I'd like to go to TJ, Mexico. Anyone have any suggestions, and, in this case, warnings???
    Use condoms.
    I don't even want to take my Treo into Mexico, so what's the best way? Park it on the U.S. side and take some kind of shuttle? Someone told me about that. Also, I'd like to pick up some cheap meds there (yes, I have valid scripts!) from a Mexican pharmacy. I hear that's very popular if you live close to the Mexican border. Is that legal?
    Park somewhere in San Ysidro, or get a room there, and leave the car in the lot. Walk across the bridge. You can buy meds, but I'm pretty sure Customs will seize them if they find them. Not positive though. Haven't been to TJ in years. Don't have to, TJ is coming to me...but another thread for another topic.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com
    I'm going to Hawaii next week...
    Ahhhh home, how I do miss it http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif

Where about in my beautiful aina will you be visiting? Now is a good time to go, as the islands are starting to dry out. They have recently had the worst rains in recent memory.

FYI...if your staying in Waikiki...stay away from the beaches. Because of all the heavy rains, a major sewer line in Waikiki broke. Several million gallons of sewage had to be dumped into the Ala Wai canal and in turn flushed out to sea. It may be several weeks before the water in the Waikiki area is safe for swimming again.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI

Oh, and is there a wap site for Paypal as well? Or can I just log in with Blazer?

Thanks again so much!
    Bringing prescription meds into the US without a prescription is in a bit of a legal grey area. Some meds that require presciptions in the US don't in other countries and customs isn't likely to confiscate small quantities for personal use. However, the Mexican mafi... I mean, police will arrest you if you're caught with a large quantity of narcotics or other controlled meds. And you don't want to go to a TJ jail.

As far as getting into Mexico, you can drive if you don't have any bling on your car. But if you do, pay the extra five bucks and park it in the "VIP" area usually next to the booth. Otherwise you can walk across and catch a cab to the downtown area once you get in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Haven't been to TJ in years. Don't have to, TJ is coming to me...but another thread for another topic.
    Which begs the question: are your BLTs really legal after all?
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Which begs the question: are your BLTs really legal after all?
    Guest workers...be my guest!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."

Thanks again so much!
    You can walk in to TJ pretty easily from the border. Lots of places to park a car on the state side. Personally I'd not worry too much about taking a treo over there, not much more than an ordinary cell phone anyhow, but that's just me.

I'm pretty sure it's actually illegal to buy the drugs in Mexico without having a Mexican prescription, however I don't think they check for that when you are purchasing them. But the cops might check for that when you are walking out of the pharmacy... I've never done it but heard this on the news not too long ago.

Can't help on the paypal question.

Good luck,

Bob
    I'm debating getting an otterbox for my 700w... apperently the 650 fits in the 1900 (it's on the photo gallery: http://www.otterbox.com/products/pda...otos/index.htm) so it should work nicely with my 700
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    been thinking of getting one myself, what do you recommend?
    Hello There, I have a Stowaway BT keyboard for PDA's. So far I am very happy with it.

It has made the phone more usuable in regards to documents and e-mails.

Pros:
    - Folded size packs easily in book bag
    - Aluminum outer shell
    - Comfortable Key spacing. May vary per person.
    - Assign functions to certain keys
    - Lasts an estimated 3 months on (2) AAA batteries

Cons
    - I'm a little wary with the folding mechanism. I take it easy when I fold it.

That's it. No real experience with other brands. I primarily chose it based on two factors (1) The review on Treocentral.com, and (2) the availability.

I bought it at CompUSA, but I'm sure you can get it for under $100 on the net. Time was an issue for me.

So right now, I'm at a Mcdonald's having lunch, and I'm typing this reply back with the Stowaway thru Xiino's Web browser. It's real convenient, fast, and easy on the thumbs!
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    Ahhhh home, how I do miss it http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif

Where about in my beautiful aina will you be visiting? Now is a good time to go, as the islands are starting to dry out. They have recently had the worst rains in recent memory.

FYI...if your staying in Waikiki...stay away from the beaches. Because of all the heavy rains, a major sewer line in Waikiki broke...
    I will arrive in Honolulu Saturday afternoon, staying there overnight, then deciding where to go from there. I like spending the night there, mingling with the locals & tourists, then figuring out what to do on the other islands (and seeing what flights/hotels are available on other islands). I just like to play it by ear, but I do plan to do some biking and kayaking, perhaps on Kauai. I've been to Maui and Hawaii as well, but not sure if I'm going this time, only there for a week. I'm kind of the outdoor type when I'm on vacation. If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them!

I just heard about the perdiciment on Oahu, sounds pretty bad. Probably will make it harder to find rooms on the other islands, I'm guessing. Dunno until I get there, though. If all else fails, I'll just bike on Oahu. The hotels should be pretty cheap at least!

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12