Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i know some of you like this headset..so heres how to get one cheap! enjoy: http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...ct_code=336500

(feel free to throw some rep points at me )
    Running an Unlocked Cingular Palm Treo 650 with an AT&T Sim
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

Or $29.99 out the door. Might have to pick one up.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."

Thanks
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  4. ils
    Useful.
    Thank you much.
    Edit - Got the Plantronics 510 but not happy with it so far (short range and noise for the other side).
    Last edited by ils; 04/05/2006 at 10:05 PM.
  5.    #5  
    np np =D
    Running an Unlocked Cingular Palm Treo 650 with an AT&T Sim
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

Well, if you buy crap....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    You don't like it?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Are you talking about the Scala 500

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I'm about to order the Scala-500... Does it make any difference in clairty from one carrier to another???? I use Sprint w/ my Treo 650
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I use it with a Sprint t650 and have no problems with it. Using it with the glasses clip, it is by far the most comfortable headset I have ever used.
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
    My wife and i both use the Scala 500 with a Sprint Treo 650 and its comfortable and clear. Thats why i was wondering about Gfunks comment.

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I just bought one for testing. It looks like the Scala 500 is either good or bad. They must have inconsistent quality control. I hope I got a good one.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    Are you talking about the Scala 500

yeah....biggest piece of turd I ever bought!! Admittingly I have the older version with the separate cradle charger, so ymmv. But mine was an absolute disaster. It crackled like crazy, volume was poor, range was pathetic, and battery completely died within a couple months. I would not recommend! If you can afford it, I'd go either with the true and tested SE's or the new JX10 which seems to get very positive reviews lately...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I picked one up last night for $20 I figured it would work as a back-up. It fits nicer than my H700 and the sound is fine.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    cardio,

where did you get one for $20? Was this at Comp USA?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    cardio,

where did you get one for $20? Was this at Comp USA?
    Yes, CompUsa has it on sale for $29.99 out the door with a $10 rebate.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Yes, CompUsa has it on sale for $29.99 out the door with a $10 rebate.
    Thanks. Might have to pick one up for myself.
    This sounded like a GREAT deal. The scala seems to be well liked by people on the forum so I wanted to get one (or two - one for the wife). I went to the CompUSA website and they showed NO availabilty in most of the stores in NY (incl LI), NJ and CT. I was sad and depressed and thought that I would just buy it for $35 from Datavision on 39th and 5th in Manhattan. I passed by CompUSA on 37th because it started snowing (yup in April) and saw that they had two of them left for $20/each!!!. I grabbed both of them and am a happy camper. I will test after charging tonight.

The lesson here is don't believe the CompUSA website. Check it out for yourself.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreak
    This sounded like a GREAT deal. The scala seems to be well liked by people on the forum so I wanted to get one (or two - one for the wife). I went to the CompUSA website and they showed NO availabilty in most of the stores in NY (incl LI), NJ and CT. I was sad and depressed and thought that I would just buy it for $35 from Datavision on 39th and 5th in Manhattan. I passed by CompUSA on 37th because it started snowing (yup in April) and saw that they had two of them left for $20/each!!!. I grabbed both of them and am a happy camper. I will test after charging tonight.

The lesson here is don't believe the CompUSA website. Check it out for yourself.
    I think you can only do the rebate on one of them, but even so 2 for $50 is not a bad deal. I have not had any issue with mine, incoming and outgoing voice quality is clear and volume is fine. I am happy with it especially for the price.
    Oh that sux. I didn't even think that they probably limit rebates to one per household. But, as you said, 2 for $50 is a great deal considering it retails for $80 (though you can get it for around $50). I just hope it lives up to my expectations as for everyone who loves it, there seems to be another who hates is (as with all the BT headsets).
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast