Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I just tried again to use the Cardo outside and it's really poor. Plan on using this baby indoors and it will be OK. Outside, forget it.
    Is that why it gets mixed ratings? It works well indoors, but is staticky outside?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Maybe I got lucky, mine works decently both indoors as well as outdoors. I keep the cardo in my wifes car so don't use it as much, but when I have used it I did not notice any static.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Well I got mine in Holyoke, MA off of I-91 on my way from NH to CT. I am pretty satisfied with it...certainly no worse than the Logitech I spent $50 on and had to return. There may be a little crackling but nothing I cannot live with and everyone else says I sound fine. Mine did come with the two chargers, tether, eyeglass clip, belt clip. I like the simple design for reversing the left/right ear clip. However...no silicone cap.

I contacted Cardo about the cap and this is what they emailed me...

Dear Customer,

We had planned to include the silicone cap in the retail box of the scala-500, but decided not to do so because it did not meet our requirements for an entirely stable fit. While the silicone cap fits snugly over the speaker and provides the enhanced audio quality, it occasionally falls off the speaker. We therefore cannot guarantee that it will remain safely in place until the user wishes to occasionally remove it. However, many users found that gluing the cap on top of the speaker solves the problem, and this seems a good option for anyone who is willing to accept it as a permanent solution.

We therefore would gladly send you a silicone cap at no cost to you, along with a detailed recommendation how to glue it on top of the speaker. However, if you select to do so, it will be at your own risk, and we cannot assume responsibility if you damage the headset by spilling glue over the speaker, nor can we guarantee the performance or comfort you seek. In any event, if you want to go ahead with it, we recommend that you first place the silicone cap on top of the speaker without glue and use for some time. Only if you feel that it meets your expectations, should you consider permanent attachment by means of glue.

We regret the inconvenience and remain at your service for further inquiries and comments you may have.

If you wish to receive the silicone cap, please click on the following link or copy and paste this in your internet browser, this will take you directly to the online form http://cardowireless.com/scala500/siliconecap.php

Please feel free to contact us if we can assist with any other questions.
    Last edited by Doggy; 04/12/2006 at 03:25 PM.
    No more rhymes...and this time I mean it!
    Doggy - order the cap and glue it on. You'll like it, I promise.

YoungTurk
    Mine just arrived. I ordered it at Compusa.com, shipped next day, and too 2 days to get here.

Its charging now I will post my thoughts when I try it out later.

Doggy, thanks for that link, The kept mentioning that cap in the manual but it didnt come in the box.
    Well I forgot to give a big thanks to vipa1887 for starting this thread. I hate CompUSA and never shop there because their prices are almost always the most outrageous and way out of line with other electronics stores. Therefore I never would have known about this bargain basement price on a BT Headset...and now I am

Thanks again vipa1887!
    well, I have been using the Scala 500 and the Voyager 510, swithching between the two for a couple of days at a time. Me thinks overall, the 510 wins. People I call on the scala tell me I am cuttin'in and out, or there is an echo. With the 510 they are not aware of anything unless I ask them and then they say I sound no different.
    I think the scala is easier to carry around, might have to look for a little pouch for the 510. Again the 510 has no static at all when walking around with the treo left behind.
    I know these are very subjective and your taste and prefs may be different.
    Can the 510 be fitted with a gel ear plug? or whatever they are called?
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I've been using the scala for a couple of days now. This is my first BT headset and I have a question. Not sure if this is specific to the scala or not, but when a call comes in, if I have the headset turned on, when I answer the call via the Treo (not the headset) the call still goes to the headset. Is there a way to have the call stay with the phone unless I manually transfer it to the headset? It seems the only way to do this right now is to leave the headset off until I want to use it. I'd like to leave it in my pocket, answer the call on my Treo, and at that time determine if I want to use the headset or not. I don't want to have to leave the headset either on my ear or turned off.

Thanks-
    Jason
    You can manually cancel the headset after it transfers (same onscreen button you use for swapping between speakerphone and handset).
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123