Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50
  1.    #21  
    im glad everyone likes the deal =D
    Running an Unlocked Cingular Palm Treo 650 with an AT&T Sim
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card





  2. nuflat's Avatar
    Posts
    294 Posts
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    yeah....biggest piece of turd I ever bought!! Admittingly I have the older version with the separate cradle charger, so ymmv. But mine was an absolute disaster. It crackled like crazy, volume was poor, range was pathetic, and battery completely died within a couple months. I would not recommend! If you can afford it, I'd go either with the true and tested SE's or the new JX10 which seems to get very positive reviews lately...
    I had the same experience. After reading here that everyone said this was the greatest headset to date, I decided to try it out and guess what? I ran into the same issues as Gfunk. Piece of junk wouldn't charge right and it sounded like you were in a wind tunnel when it was being used. Plus all the crackling.

    Not to mention the damn earpiece came loose from the headset. Junk, junk, Junk!

    Also my battery died after a couple months also. Never again. In fact I just dumped mine in the trash this morning! I got tired of looking at it sitting on my desk in it's charger, not charging.

    I bought a Jabra bt250 and it works great. In fact when I have my radio and my AC on, people can't hear them.

    But obviously, my mileage did vary from others. I guess you get what you pay for. $20.00 for a throwdown headset only good for a couple months. They are probably trying to get rid of their stock becasue they know it's junk.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by nuflat
    I had the same experience. After reading here that everyone said this was the greatest headset to date, I decided to try it out and guess what? I ran into the same issues as Gfunk. Piece of junk wouldn't charge right and it sounded like you were in a wind tunnel when it was being used. Plus all the crackling.

    Not to mention the damn earpiece came loose from the headset. Junk, junk, Junk!

    Also my battery died after a couple months also. Never again. In fact I just dumped mine in the trash this morning! I got tired of looking at it sitting on my desk in it's charger, not charging.

    I bought a Jabra bt250 and it works great. In fact when I have my radio and my AC on, people can't hear them.

    But obviously, my mileage did vary from others. I guess you get what you pay for. $20.00 for a throwdown headset only good for a couple months. They are probably trying to get rid of their stock becasue they know it's junk.
    You could have sent it back and got another free of charge
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

    Palm Pre (Sprint)
  4. nuflat's Avatar
    Posts
    294 Posts
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    #24  
    Well, I had a co-worker that bought the same headset and ran into similar problems with his. Main thing is that it wouldn't stay paired with the phone. So he did send his back and he did get a new one and it still had problems, so I said why bother.
  5. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by nuflat
    Well, I had a co-worker that bought the same headset and ran into similar problems with his. Main thing is that it wouldn't stay paired with the phone. So he did send his back and he did get a new one and it still had problems, so I said why bother.
    I have not seen a headset that people did not comlain about, so for $20 not a huge loss. Now if I had bought a JX-10 and had some of the issues posted I would be pissed.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  6. #26  
    Just got one from Comp USA and charging. Will compare to the Plantronics voyager 510 - the new one with windsmart and voice my opinion. First impressions - materials look and feel cheap, I like the little holster and lanyard. Thought there was a car charger included, but no.
    Why do they not provide one? these are meant to be used in a vehicle as a hands free device primarily and hence would be the natural choice to charge. Maybe not.
    Love the price. They have about 10 more in the Indy store in case anyone is looking.
  7. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator
    Just got one from Comp USA and charging. Will compare to the Plantronics voyager 510 - the new one with windsmart and voice my opinion. First impressions - materials look and feel cheap, I like the little holster and lanyard. Thought there was a car charger included, but no.
    Why do they not provide one? these are meant to be used in a vehicle as a hands free device primarily and hence would be the natural choice to charge. Maybe not.
    Love the price. They have about 10 more in the Indy store in case anyone is looking.
    Mine came with a car charger, home charger, case, lanyard.
    Maybe someone got your car charger on the 5 finger discount plan.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  8. #28  
    Picked one up night a couple of days ago at CompUSA after reading the above threads... took it on a 2-day road trip; used it in and out of the car and, when I got back home, all around the house. I was able to even get good reception with the Treo in one room while I was in another.

    While this is my first Bluetooth headset, for $20 sure seems like a hell of a deal to me...
  9. #29  
    Thanks for the tip. I missed the ad in last weekend's paper, but picked one up after seeing the comment here. I really like it so far, and for $20, figure I won't be out much if it does stop working. Features are great too.
  10. #30  
    Cardio, you got me. I went to comp usa just now, told them about the car charger missing. We opened up four of the new ones on the rack and none of them had it. On the box - package includes: no mention of a car charger. May be you bought a different kit. Still, I think for 20$ it was worth it.
  11. #31  
    The two that I got specifically said something on the box like a free car charger as a holiday bonus.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

    Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
  12. #32  
    >> holiday bonus<<
    Was that from comp usa? Where in the box did it say that and when did you buy it? Did yours come with a cradle type charger?
  13. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #33  
    Mine also said Free Car Charger bonus. They had 3 or 4 on the rack and all had the car charger. I did not get a cradle type charger, both (car and home) are standard plug in variety.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  14. dwman's Avatar
    Posts
    896 Posts
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    #34  
    This thing is harder to find then Jimmy Hoffa. Not a single store in my area has one. One rep from a store said the warehouse "lost" a shipment, even suggesting they may have been stolen.
  15. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    This thing is harder to find then Jimmy Hoffa. Not a single store in my area has one. One rep from a store said the warehouse "lost" a shipment, even suggesting they may have been stolen.
    I picked mine up at the Vacaville store, if you are on 80 East toward Sac this weekend it is right off the hwy.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  16. dwman's Avatar
    Posts
    896 Posts
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    I picked mine up at the Vacaville store, if you are on 80 East toward Sac this weekend it is right off the hwy.
    Long way for me to go for a $20 headset, but I may consider it.
  17. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    Long way for me to go for a $20 headset, but I may consider it.
    I would only do it if I was heading in that direction anyway.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  18. #38  
    Indy store in Fishers has about 5-6 left. Just a heads up.
  19. #39  
    picked up a Scala 500 this morning. Bottom life-mine anyway-works great INSIDE but very noisy outside if ANY wind at all.
  20. dwman's Avatar
    Posts
    896 Posts
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    #40  
    Yup, picked mine up this morning in SF. Seems to work ok so far, but it's still early.

    Update:

    Well it's been 24hrs and it's going back. Static when more then 2 ft away, people can't hear when I initiate a call from the headset...too bad. I was hoping it would be a good product for a good price I guess you get what you pay for-going to exchange it for a P1 headset.

    Good riddance Scala 500
    Last edited by dwman; 04/09/2006 at 09:32 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions