1.    #1  
    Just seeing if there are any problems syncing with a Mac - there's a specific warning put out by Apple...
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I upgraded to 10.4.6. I followed apple's recommendation of doing a sync before the upgrade. Just did a sync after the upgrade, seems to work fine. This is with a powerbook, Treo 650 (GSM ROW) and isync / palm desktop (the most recent palm desktop they released a little while ago).
  3.    #3  
    yep, me too - thanks for your info.
    did you true syncing with bluetooth?
  5.    #5  
    Yep - bluetooth syncing works fine after the update.
    thanks, i just downloaded it, glad they got bluetooth to work again.
    Upgraded to 10.4.6 and synched Treo 650 both via USB and bluetooth no problem. I think the warning is mainly about possible changes to phones supported directly via iSync. This doesn't apply to the Treo.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Anybody had any problems with 10.4.6 iMac core duo & mising sync universal & the treo?

Anybody tried it yet?
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeProcter
    Anybody had any problems with 10.4.6 iMac core duo & mising sync universal & the treo?

Anybody tried it yet?
    Tried it, and it seems to work fine. I didn't do a sync immediately before the upgrade to 10.4.6 and it still synced appointments added to handheld since the previous sync. iCal did ask permission to modify a lot of calendar entries (145, much more than the number that had changed since the previous sync and I can't for the life of me see what it has altered). This with BT, haven't tried USB.
    I've now updated the firmware & software to the latest and I can now BT sync whereas I couldn't before. I've also ditched the BT mouse & keyboard and gone with a mighty mouse & wired keyboard from apple. What an improvement to my life!
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    Quote Originally Posted by marcol
    Tried it, and it seems to work fine. I didn't do a sync immediately before the upgrade to 10.4.6 and it still synced appointments added to handheld since the previous sync. iCal did ask permission to modify a lot of calendar entries (145, much more than the number that had changed since the previous sync and I can't for the life of me see what it has altered). This with BT, haven't tried USB.
    After I upgraded to 10.4.6, my sync for contacts and iCal events also asked to modify extremely large numbers--in the hundreds. I was skeptical about allowing it to do so, but I did. I couldn't find anything that was changed. Everything syncs fine both with the USB and BT. I use MissingSync btw.

Good luck to all!
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    There's a very easy procedure that saved my a.. a few times: just backup iCal and Adressbook just before you upgrade either OS X, Missing Sync (if applicable) or your Treo. If ever something funny happens you just go back to the saved version an let the Mac overwrite the Treo.
    This happend to me after I did upgrade to the 1.20 release (yes I used a WinTel-PC). Everything synced fine, but all appointments were duplicated on the Treo. Just went back to the saved version and let the Mac replace Treo data, no problem thereafter.

Backing up iCal and Addressbook is dead simple: in the file menu you'll find an item that let's you save everything just to a simple file (convenient for transferring ;-) ).