1.    #1  
    Does anybody know the diffrence between them both?
    UltraVNC is one of the distributions of VNC. I like it the best but there are others RealVNC, TridiaVNC etc.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

seems like the scaling feature in palm vnc works best with ultra.
    That is what I think as well.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

When I first looked into this I also found that UltraVNC had a lower CPU load
    RealVNC is the original and official VNC.

UltraVNC is based on RealVNC, but has enhancements. There's quite a few, but the most interesting ones I know of are:

* Display driver that gets the screen image from a driver-level, greatly enhancing CPU usage.
    * Alternate authentication methods (like authentcicating as a normal windows user)
    * File transfer.

There's also TightVNC, which compresses VNC data over the wire giving better performance over slow links.

Other clients/servers are out there, but those are the 'big 3' that I know of. Traditionally i'm a RealVNC fan as it's been the most stable over the years. I'm now moving towards Ultra to get the features.
    Anyone know of another Palm VNC client that has file transfer capability? That is my favorite missing feature.

Damon
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93
    Anyone know of another Palm VNC client that has file transfer capability? That is my favorite missing feature.

Damon
    file transfer is not on palm vnc. i just use filepoint or ftp if i need files.
  9.    #9  
    Ok i was having problem with Palm VNC so i decided to switch to something else, I am currently using a Software caleed Avennu. Its the best i have used so far, ans setting up is a breeze.
    Only problelm is that Avennu doesn't do file transfer *and* remote control, obviously.