Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    [QUOTE=swordfish]
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Sword....

here are my .02 :

ok , no problem , but my question is this : DID I KNOW THIS !? no , didn't , in case no one noticed , I AM NEW TO FORUMS . so excuse me for not knowing . jeez . i understand and will abide by these rules or leave but i genuinely did not know . so all those that said rude remarks towards me i would ask that you notice that i'm new and learn to respect people . its that simple , so i will now appreciate to no longer recieve comparisons to small children or anything else than a grown man who just had no knowledge of forum policies .

Sorry about the unfriendly welcome committee, sword. this is definitely the place to learn about the Treo650. I can remember the first board I posted on, it is now called "pdaphonehome" and my first question on a smartphones forum was: "what is an LOL"

I got three quick answers, two short ones defining it exactly and then a third that was a link to a long article discussing every kind of abbrev. used on the internet and the thread then went on to discuss all the various smilies etc. I was drawn into the community of the discussion and learned how to post, etc.

Dutch and Insertion, give the noobs a break, guys, we were all noobs at one time. Look at at the number of posts, if its one or two, then the dude may have never even been on a forum before. C'mon. Lets make Perry proud of us.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer
    Sorry about the unfriendly welcome committee, sword. this is definitely the place to learn about the Treo650. I can remember the first board I posted on, it is now called "pdaphonehome" and my first question on a smartphones forum was: "what is an LOL"

I got three quick answers, two short ones defining it exactly and then a third that was a link to a long article discussing every kind of abbrev. used on the internet and the thread then went on to discuss all the various smilies etc. I was drawn into the community of the discussion and learned how to post, etc.

Dutch and Insertion, give the noobs a break, guys, we were all noobs at one time. Look at at the number of posts, if its one or two, then the dude may have never even been on a forum before. C'mon. Lets make Perry proud of us.
    thankx alot Shadowboxer ... i appreciate it .
    " Life Sucks "
    I am dry here too, but am happy to help out as best as I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by swordfish
    oh yeah , were u born knowing everything ? i mean , to mock someone who just got a phone and just signed up on a new forum ....hhhmmm sounds to me like you always knew everything ! oh yeah , and i really don't know any blinking snowflake anywhere so i hope u enjoy .

What about the dual bands im missing

I posted an answer to your original question and you rip on me for not knowing about the snowflake or dual band. YOU SUCK

If this were MTDN i would smite you
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by swordfish
    ok , no problem , but my question is this : DID I KNOW THIS !? no , didn't , in case no one noticed , I AM NEW TO FORUMS . so excuse me for not knowing . jeez . i understand and will abide by these rules or leave but i genuinely did not know . so all those that said rude remarks towards me i would ask that you notice that i'm new and learn to respect people . its that simple , so i will now appreciate to no longer recieve comparisons to small children or anything else than a grown man who just had no knowledge of forum policies .
    Please understand I am not defending anyone's reponse.....just telling ya what's gonna happen. I have been a web forum administrator since the days when ya paid for access almost by the character typed ..... I even remember when 2400 baud was a "the latest" thing ....(geez showing my age .... Regan was president then !). Back then moderators were called "sysops" (short for system operator) and people in my position were / are called wizops cause ya had all the "wizard" flags. Back "in the day" there was no such thing as "handles" and I believe that was responsible for us having to do less thread policing and people tended to be more....er....shall we say "genteel".

I can see by ya post count that ya haven't been here long.....personally I'd prefer if newbs were given a bit more slack but the reality is not everyone in this new anonymous world of the www is gonna react to any particular post in the exact same way. What tends to make peeps a bit impatient is that one of the common answers to a "Please search" post is "I didn't feel like looking thru a whole bunch of non relevant material". Now to that post I will respond "So you want me to do it for you ? "

So understand that the peeps providing answers are a bit frustrated as a dad is when he tells his kids fo the "umpteenth time" to "close the door, whaddya live in a barn ?" Which is particularly frustrating for me cause we do live in a converted 200 year old dairy barn .

Think of it as catching some of the group "on a bad day" and go on from there. I have been known to do it myself but I usually prefer sarcasm over just general crankiness.

Tho, I have seen a few "newbs" turn into "newb jumpers" after they settle in a bit .This is the best site on the web for Treo answers and it's generally the crankiest of us that have the best answers when ya need them.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123