Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by swordfish
    no prob , so let me get this right . i mean , i don't wish to offend anyone . the point of this forum is to not post ... just search for others posts ? hhmm , that makes plenty of sense .... so from what i'm hearing is that most topics have already been posted so FREAKIN SEARCH ...correct ? then why give anyone new the ability to post .... i think that doesn't make any sense , but if thats the rules .... then maybe i'll just search and never post , maybe leave you nifty people to do the posting so i can search for it later ...yup , sounds good .
    Sword....

I know you have kids, a little brotha, a secretary at work who no matter how many times you give them an answer or tell them something, they won't bother to put the effort into remembering cause it's just easier to ask someone again. The problem is giving an answer takes effort and some people will take offense if you are going to ask them to put in that effort without first trying to put in that effort yourself. I favor an approach where I'll give a man a fish and after his belly is full, I'll try and teach him to fish. So on the fill ya belly end, read this:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=102212

The other problem with repeat threads is that it clogs the board. If I was to go do a title search on "Best Bluetooth Headset" you will find a whole lot of threads with just about the exact same title. This makes it hard for even the veterans to search as we have to tumble thru nemerous threads to find the 67 line detailed naswer we just typed last week.

Another problem is specific, "essential for what". If you do a title search on "essential applications" the thread you will come up with has "Pocket Tunes" as the Numboer One essential app. Now to me, "tunes" is no more essential to me getting my work done that "having a boat" so I gotta say "no" to that being "essential". So the question I gotta ask is what do you want to do with it.

First thing I would suggest is that you install Northglide's Uninstall Manager. This allows you to easily uninstall any mistakes

While this may not seem relevant as the thread title is Newbie Movimg from 600 - 650", everything from Step No. 9 down in message 3 will apply to you

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=108492

Utility wise, I suggest the "Last Best Utilities" thread

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...ilities+thread

Another big list of programs can be found here:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=78320
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    a bad rap with whom. I liked it fine when I was a noob...still am really.
    A n00b with 4000 posts? Riiiiiight.
    Jeff Kirvin
    Author of Between Heaven and Hell, a different kind of SF novel.
    Get it at eReader http://www.ereader.com/product/detail/5493
    or Fictionwise http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/eBook29869.htm

For the sequel, check out eSerials at http://www.serialfiction.net

Listen to the Maximum Geek Podcast!
    http://www.solomedia.org/podcast/
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kirvin
    FWIW, this thread is the reason why TC has a bad rap for n00bs. Y'all are crazy impatient with new people and I've seen scores of them come and go because they couldn't get a polite, straight answer to their questions. I know you've all seen the same questions a thousand times, but snarkiness just makes you look like a'holes. TC is definitely far, far more clique-y than 1SRC or Brighthand.
    all i originally did was ask a simple question about y new treo and related software ..... I DID NOT KNOW YOU SHOULD SEARCH FIRST ! jeez , then people started losing there manners and acting rude because according to some i am too lazy to search ..... wrong , i just didn't know how forums work . i mean , its only my second day here . so to all kind words out there , thankx for your help , to the disrespectful and uneducated .... get a life , seriously . i genuinely did not know how forums work since this is my first time online on a forum ...so excuse me for asking a F****N question .
    " Life Sucks "
    FWIW, this thread is the reason why TC has a bad rap for n00bs. Y'all are crazy impatient with new people and I've seen scores of them come and go because they couldn't get a polite, straight answer to their questions. I know you've all seen the same questions a thousand times, but snarkiness just makes you look like a'holes. TC is definitely far, far more clique-y than 1SRC or Brighthand.
    You may not want to use this guy as an example.
    That's not true. In general, people are helpful. But crap, how many times must you answer the same BASIC questions??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6.    #26  
    [QUOTE=JackNaylorPE]Sword....

The other problem with repeat threads is that it clogs the board. If I was to go do a title search on "Best Bluetooth Headset" you will find a whole lot of threads with just about the exact same title. This makes it hard for even the veterans to search as we have to tumble thru nemerous threads to find the 67 line detailed naswer we just typed last week.

Another problem is specific, "essential for what". If you do a title search on "essential applications" the thread you will come up with has "Pocket Tunes" as the Numboer One essential app. Now to me, "tunes" is no more essential to me getting my work done that "having a boat" so I gotta say "no" to that being "essential". So the question I gotta ask is what do you want to do with it.

here are my .02 :

ok , no problem , but my question is this : DID I KNOW THIS !? no , didn't , in case no one noticed , I AM NEW TO FORUMS . so excuse me for not knowing . jeez . i understand and will abide by these rules or leave but i genuinely did not know . so all those that said rude remarks towards me i would ask that you notice that i'm new and learn to respect people . its that simple , so i will now appreciate to no longer recieve comparisons to small children or anything else than a grown man who just had no knowledge of forum policies .
    " Life Sucks "
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    That's not true. In general, people are helpful. But crap, how many times must you answer the same BASIC questions??
    don't like answering questions .... don't . its thats simple .
    " Life Sucks "
    nevermind...
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    nevermind...
    Any chance of getting to see the rest of that picture in your avatar?
    Where's NRG with the dead horse pics?
    I was trying to be helpful earlier. Did you not read the Sticky and the Guidelines I posted?

If you don't like the answer, don't respond. It's that simple.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Any chance of getting to see the rest of that picture in your avatar?
    I am allowed to email it to Perry for authentication purposes only
  13.    #33  
    I was trying to be helpful earlier. Did you not read the Sticky and the Guidelines I posted?

If you don't like the answer, don't respond. It's that simple.
    haha , cute . but whether i like answers or not , if its addressed towards me , about me , or around me . then i'll decide whether to answer or not ... nobody will decide that for me . but cute response though .
    " Life Sucks "
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    I am allowed to email it to Perry for authentication purposes only
    Ah, oh well, I guess being a nice guy has its perks.
    haha , cute . but whether i like answers or not , if its addressed towards me , about me , or around me . then i'll decide whether to answer or not ... nobody will decide that for me . but cute response though .
    I thought it was more on the sexy side than just cute

WTF?
    why don't you go to some threads that have some information you want instead of whining and moaning here?
    I was trying to be helpful earlier.
    So was I. I guess the negative posts were more, um, response worthy?
    Well, at least you have a sense of humor and are lightening up a little bit!

I may yet welcome you.

don't go limp insertion
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    don't go limp insertion
    haha , yeah , don't stop the internet beating , i'm sooo hurt , plz keep up the typing assault till i cry for mercy . hahaha lol , this is too funny . thankx insertion for the welcome ...lol . i guess . lol
    " Life Sucks "
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast