Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Is there a thread that that explains how to set up and run the software

    Thanks
  2. #2  
    have you downloaded the vnc server for your pc and installed it?
    look for ultraVNC if you haven't

    also you will need a dynamic dns setup check out www.dnip.net

    last but not least if you have a firewall poke a hole in it for port 5900

    I have it set so i can log into any of 4 machines at home from my treo

    AND ITS FREE!
  3. #3  
    why would you need dnip.net???
    i use vnc on over 30 computers (at home and work) and do not use that. they cannot even translate thier page correctly. is this a real dns, or are they passing all of your info through thier servers???

    cdelauz, what is your network setup? router or not?
    i would not use port 5900 on the outside world either, if you do make sure your password is very good, something like 16 chars with letters and numbers would be good.
  4. naivete's Avatar
    Posts
    636 Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    #4  
  5.    #5  
    Big Kenny you look like you know what your doing(having it set up on 30 comp's) is thier some way where u can show me step by step, seems like im really having a hard time with this.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    why would you need dnip.net???
    i use vnc on over 30 computers (at home and work) and do not use that. they cannot even translate thier page correctly. is this a real dns, or are they passing all of your info through thier servers???

    cdelauz, what is your network setup? router or not?
    i would not use port 5900 on the outside world either, if you do make sure your password is very good, something like 16 chars with letters and numbers would be good.
    is is just a dynamic dns service so no my info doesn't go through them...they just set the dns servers for me

    i just use that so that i have a set address to always goto like me.dnip.net

    no need to keep up with my ip, if the power goes out for too long or if my ip changes from sbc etc....
  7. twitch3's Avatar
    Posts
    821 Posts
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    #7  
    This is also a good and free DNS service. http://www.dyndns.com/
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdelauz02
    Big Kenny you look like you know what your doing(having it set up on 30 comp's) is thier some way where u can show me step by step, seems like im really having a hard time with this.
    there are plenty of threads, read through those. the biggest thing people run into is usually getting the networking routed correctly. i saw the link someone else gave you, that is a good place to start. let us know if you are still getting stuck. but, please dont start more threads on this!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    there are plenty of threads, read through those. the biggest thing people run into is usually getting the networking routed correctly. i saw the link someone else gave you, that is a good place to start. let us know if you are still getting stuck. but, please dont start more threads on this!
    actually if the mods would merge all of them....
  10. #10  
    I use those ports, but I only open them up on the router when I know I'm going to use PalmVNC.....the rest of the time the ports are shut down tight. Plus, if you don't have a static IP address, you can check your current IP address on the router or DSL/Cable modem and set it in PalmVNC (on the Treo) before you start using it. These IP addresses usually switch about once a day from my experience, so if you don't use a DNS service like described above, just make sure you have the correct IP address before you head out of the house. I never really need to use PalmVNC for more than a few hrs at a time, so it works OK for me the way I have it set up.
  11. #11  
    Make sure your xp firewall isn't blocking the port.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

    NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

    Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.

Posting Permissions