Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My Treo has a tendency to end up in a funk in the morning. Between Profiles and 4cast and Chatter and poor reception on my nightstand (and who knows what else), sometimes in the morning it is slow and unresponseve, and occasionally the wake-up alarm doesn't go off. A soft reset gets things going right again, but of course that doesn't help much if I just overslept. I would like to find an application that would perfom a sceduled soft reset every day at a preset time. Any ideas?
    MTT
    Handspring Visor, Palm V, HS Treo 180, HS Treo 90, P1 Treo 600, P1 Treo 650, Palm Treo 700p... still hanging tough with Palm OS
    I noticed that you use Profile. Can you set up a Profile to start at a specific time and code that Profile to start a soft reset?
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    I use LookAtMe with mreset to do this.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Lookatme + mreset is a great option for what your looking for. Not to mention they are free!
  5.    #5  
    Thanks guys, that is just what I was looking for. And free is very good also...
    MTT
    Handspring Visor, Palm V, HS Treo 180, HS Treo 90, P1 Treo 600, P1 Treo 650, Palm Treo 700p... still hanging tough with Palm OS
  6.    #6  
    LookAtMe + mReset seems to do the trick, except LookAtMe won't do its thing unless the Treo is unlocked. It will wake up, sound the alarm, and then wait for you to push the unlock button. I worked around this by disabaling the keyguard in my nighttime profile.
    MTT
    Quote Originally Posted by mtt
    LookAtMe + mReset seems to do the trick, except LookAtMe won't do its thing unless the Treo is unlocked. It will wake up, sound the alarm, and then wait for you to push the unlock button. I worked around this by disabaling the keyguard in my nighttime profile.
    I have used this combo for quite awhile and have never experienced the problem you mentioned. It works just fine for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtt

Yup, I did a similar workaround via lookatme and sharklinks to enable the reo to automatically wakeup and load a particular webpage!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...atme+sharklink

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    You may forgive my shameless advertizing here, but 2PlayMe can do it too. As you can specify 1 entry in the demo version, it is enough for a softreset. When you have the full version, you can also add a "phone on" entry and let 2PlayMe switch on the phone after the reset. This works even with automatic PIN entering.

Regards
    Henk
    Is there a software that i can schedule to reset my Treo650 every night at a particular time and also after the reset turn on my wireless mode (in silent if possible)?? I read that this helps the phone stay stable throughout the day. How far is this saying true?
    ProfileCare

www.gotreosoftware.com

Try that!
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    There is a 2-step thing available that I use:

LookAtMe is a scheduler that can be set to do something at a specific time
    and that something just might be
    mReset

I schedule a soft reset using the two applications above every morning at 4A.

Ben
    Thanx for the reply guys.....ProfileCare.....was too complicated to use So many kinds of setting.....nah.

As for LookAtMe & mReset......it scared the living daylights out of me But it did work How to i make the Treo650 turn on the wireless mode after a soft reset?

Are there anymore softwares like that to schedule a soft reset and able to turn on the wireless mode after the reset?

P/s: Anybody else reading this thread and intend to use LookAtMe, do remember to check the silent box.
    Are there anymore softwares like that to schedule a soft reset and able to turn on the wireless mode after the reset?
    PowerUp from Jeff Gibson will turn on the radio automatically after a soft reset and it's free for that purpose. Use of otehr features requires $5 or something.

Treo Alarm also does it but TA also downloads the weather for me each morning, wakes me up at varying times each day, turns radio off at night and on in the morning.
    The setting to turn on the radio, et cetera, should be in your email program. There are many utilities that do this as well as email programs. I use ChatterEmail to control that particular function. Ben
    Thanx for the reply guys. I've finally found a software to turn on the wireless mode after a schedule soft reset.

Anyway, for those who are interested, what i've done is download

mReset (Thanx to bclinger)

LookAtMe (Thanx to bclinger)

Radio Control

Just use LookAtMe to schedule the soft reset using mReset and when a soft reset happens, Radio Control will kick in
    If I was resetting at 4 am tho, I would not want the radio turned on ... don't want the dingy dingy and don't wanna waste battery life for phone calls I refuse to answer.
    I have it set at that time as a matter of convenience and using a profile program, well, it just adds to the complexity of the issue and I have enough stability problems with another program to introduce another factor in. In addition, there are two events that run during the night - 4Cast and Quick News and Treo is on the charger eating between about 9P to 5A. Ben
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Anyone know how to actually delete radio control? I tried, but it still automatically turns the phone on, even without the software.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    The radio should not automagically turn on - do you have a program that controls it? maybe an email program? maybe ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast