Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    No, only started after installing Radio Control, which I deleted. Still intermittently turns the radio on after reset.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    I installed mReset and LookAtMe but 2 questions;

#Is there a way (app) that resets if we have an app that freezes de Treo? I mean, if it freezes after x seconds it will reset? Because if it freezes I cannot launch mReset!

#I have a key protection option active. So if I use LookAtMe for example to launch blazzer and get weather it will not function until I press the center button. And worse it keeps screen on. Any suggestion?
    Quote Originally Posted by jossanaijr
    I installed mReset and LookAtMe but 2 questions;

#Is there a way (app) that resets if we have an app that freezes de Treo? I mean, if it freezes after x seconds it will reset? Because if it freezes I cannot launch mReset.

#I have a key protection option active. So if I use LookAtMe for example to launch blazzer and get weather it will not function until I press the center button. And worse it keeps screen on. Any suggestion?
    For your 1st question, you can try Crash
    Quote Originally Posted by Heelys
    For your 1st question, you can try Crash
    Thanks,
    is there a free version, not PRO?

EDIT: ok I found it.
    http://crash.79bmedia.com/crash-freeware.php
    Last edited by jossanaijr; 06/09/2006 at 01:26 PM.
    if it is truely hung up, no software program will restart it - it's gotta go the soft reset way. Crash really is no longer necessary with the 650 series and in fact, not even with the 600 series. Normally the crash display message will be displayed for a few moments and then it will automagically reset. Crash was handy with the 300 series, but the 600 and 650 do not need it. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    if it is truely hung up, no software program will restart it - it's gotta go the soft reset way. Crash really is no longer necessary with the 650 series and in fact, not even with the 600 series. Normally the crash display message will be displayed for a few moments and then it will automagically reset. Crash was handy with the 300 series, but the 600 and 650 do not need it. Ben

ok, thanks, I`m doing some confusion then...
    I don`t know it is called a crash but the loop that happens when there is a problem with an app, the screen freezes..., is there an app to resets or at least close that app? Will crash work in this situation?
    Again, with the 650 and up series, Crash is not needed. If it freezes, it requires a soft reset via the stylus. All a monitoring program or a program that is designed to do a soft reset will do is the soft reset when it is told to do so via a program such as LookAtMe. Otherwise it just sits and sits and sits. If the soft reset will not get it going, then a hard reset will. However, a hard reset requires reinstallation of your applications via manual input or the use of a restoration program (hot sync, BackupManager, or one of many other programs that backup to the SD card).

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Heelys
    Is there a software that i can schedule to reset my Treo650 every night at a particular time and also after the reset turn on my wireless mode (in silent if possible)?? I read that this helps the phone stay stable throughout the day. How far is this saying true?
    check out CrazyAlarms

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,35170.0.html
    Quote Originally Posted by jossanaijr
    You have do disable the keyguard at the particular moment, which you can specify with profiles. I discussed a workaround for just this purpose in the thread below:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...atme+sharklink

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    <merged>

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView
    You may forgive my shameless advertizing here, but 2PlayMe can do it too. As you can specify 1 entry in the demo version, it is enough for a softreset. When you have the full version, you can also add a "phone on" entry and let 2PlayMe switch on the phone after the reset. This works even with automatic PIN entering.

Regards
    Henk

Hey thanks for your shameless plug! Never seen that app before...

I understand everbodies need for these resets every once in a while but I find it disturbing that we want programs to reset our devices everyday instead of trying to find out what is grinding them to a halt. To me its like hiring an ambulance to follow a teenager who can't drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    I understand everbodies need for these resets every once in a while but I find it disturbing that we want programs to reset our devices everyday instead of trying to find out what is grinding them to a halt. To me its like hiring an ambulance to follow a teenager who can't drive.
    As a long time windows user, it's kinda a "modus operendi" for all things with an OS.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12