1.    #1  
    I've been trying to remove all traces of the palm software on my laptop it seems that going to add and remove programs will not completely remove the software and and registry entries is there a "Palm Cleaner program" I've been unable to get a good installation. My problem is that after install when I open Palm desktop, its says there is an error and will shutdown .ANY help would be Appreciated. I have done a uninstall and reinstall still I get same problem.
    Hi gulfwindx!

Not sure what is up. However, I do know that the uninstall does not remove your data files from the computer.

Use Windows Explorer and find the Palm directory under programs -- either rename it to PALMOLD (to save in case there is something you need to go back to) or delete it.

Then try your reinstall.

If you have Norton Utilities -- you might want to run WinDoctor to see if you have any cross-referenced files on your computer.

Cheers, Perry.
    Perry said ..

Use Windows Explorer and find the Palm directory under programs -- either rename it to PALMOLD (to save in case there is something you need to go back to) or delete it.
    it took me a while to figure this .... use the standard windows (on my comp the path is >start >settings >control panel >add or remove programs ) app to remove the palmone app first ...

but understand that only removes the palmone app, NOT the accumulated "data" that has "built up" and is still left on your comp in the palmone folder (in my comp that is at/in >local disk C >program files >palmone) ...

as perry has suggested ... you need to either delete that entire folder ... or probably safer - just rename it - just in case you need it again at a later date ....

when you try to delete or rename it .... you will probably get some kind of warning screen ... thats pretty normal .. just realize that you have already removed the program that uses that folder anyway ...

hope that info helps .... best of luck ...

regards
    aussietanker
    Treo 650, GSM 120 LAP Custom ROM, 2GB Ultra 2 SanDisk Card