1.    #1  
    I've been having BIG problems. Basically, they just don't want to get along, and my Treo's paying the price. For more details check out my thread in the 'Causerie' section of these forums...(I tried to post the thread here too - since I'm not sure which app is to blame and I want to get this problem solved - but the modsdidn't seem to like that very much)
    Last edited by ShannonElements; 04/03/2006 at 01:15 AM.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    I don't use Chatter or Causerie but a somewhat somewhat similar set up.

I have an email app that sends me SMS everything I have a new mail. That triggers my mail app to sync to MS Outlook. I also have an chat app, called Verichat which I leave on and constantly connected for the most of the day, 7AM till 11PM. My battery performance, down to almost zero at the end of the day if I don't charge at every opportunity I have.

My problem is either the volume of emails I get and Verichat always aggresively trying to connect if the connection goes down for whatever reason.
  3.    #3  
    Sounds like your problem is pretty similar to mine. Do you ever notice the back of the phone getting warm? Do you notice the data indicator arrows going green a lot? Verichat shouldn't be trying to connect if you're using SMS notification. This is really frustrating.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Hi,

I am a representative from mantragroup - you can try the latest version from http://mantragroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3

In our forums - we had this issue with a user reporting problem with chatter and causerie - the user reported that he was able to fix it with upgrading the Chatter matrix library and with the latest Causerie version 3.2.3. Refer http://mantragroup.com/forums/showpo...4&postcount=35 for more details on the complete thread - http://mantragroup.com/forums/showth...hp?t=54&page=4 - you can see the sequence of posting regarding this issue and the solution.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,
    Dev Team.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks, but it's still doing it. I'm about to give up altogether. Chatter might be equally to blame, but Chatter's also one of my faves - I'm not getting rid of it for Causerie.
  6.    #6  
    Update: I chatted with a support person over at Causerie today, and he/she straight-up told me that Causerie doesn't 'support' ChatterEmail(whatever that means). They also said that there MAY be a fix in a future version, and that if I used Chatter and Causerie at the same time, that my data connection would never go inactive. This person also seemed to be masking quite a bit of contempt for Chatter.

Kalyan - thank you for trying to help. I'm sure that this problem is probably just as much to blame on Chatter as Causerie, but as it stands now, ChatterEmail is one of the darlings of the Palm OS community. If you're going to force people to choose, it isn't hard to guess who they're going to side with. I'll be using Verichat until some kind of fix is released. Thanks.
    Hi,

Sorry to hear that the support were not that responsive to your issue. I am one of the core developer of Causerie and I can assure you that the latest version is rock solid than any of our previous builds (please refer our mantragroup forums for proofs).

I know many users, including members of TC (like JayTee, taroliw) who use ChatterMail and Causerie together without any problems. As far our testing goes - we used the latest Matrix SSL update (it is a must as Chattermail also causes problems with other apps that require background mode - refer chattermail forums regard to this) - the solution is to use the matrix SSl upgrade to use their custom SSL library which has improvements over the Palm's native library.

Kindly be informed that we are working on tonnes of new features to Causerie, like true Always ON (compare with other apps), Encryption, 2-way SMS (we are improving over it), and new features like online archiving (will be released soon that you never miss any of your messages). Also note we are known for faster bug fixes than any other product.

Please try it out and let us know in here or at mantragroup forums.

Regards,
    Kalyan