1.    #1  
    I have one push email account online with Chatter at pretty much all times. When I choose to have Causerie operate in the background via SMS(yes, SMS - NOT data), and exit, it never lets go of the active data connection. Now, if I go into Chatter and take my mailbox offline the problem goes away(I have 'disconnect if all mailboxes offline' enabled within Chatter's connection preferences). Otherwise, the data connection will stay active(and my phone will heat up, as well as ALL of my calls going to voicemail) until the battery goes dead. I really like Causerie, but this thing is a deal-breaker for me, as Chatter is one of my favorite apps. However, I'm not sure which app is more to blame on this one. They both work fine independently of each other, but when used at the same time all hell breaks loose. Anyone else have this problem?

I really like Chatter. It's da bizomb Hey Marc - how about a keyboard shortcut to automatically move to the bottom-most message in the mailbox view?
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
  2.    #2  
    Update: I chatted with a support person over at Causerie today, and he/she straight-up told me that Causerie doesn't 'support' ChatterEmail(whatever that means). They also said that there MAY be a fix in a future version, and that if I used Chatter and Causerie at the same time, that my data connection would never go inactive. This person also seemed to be masking quite a bit of contempt for Chatter.

I'm sure that this problem is probably just as much to blame on Chatter as Causerie, but as it stands now, ChatterEmail is one of the darlings of the Palm OS community. If the Causerie development team is going to force people to choose, it isn't hard to guess who they're going to side with. I'll be using Verichat until some kind of fix is released, I suppose.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Sorry, but I totally don't buy it. Saw this posted elsewhere and responded there too. I use the latest ChatterEmail/Matrix pair and the latest Causerie 3.2.3 (data always-on, as SMS has some serious bugs in it now). I do not have resets or excessive battery drain. From your description, I suspect you're on CDMA... I'm on GSM, so YMMV. But C&C have been co-existing on my 650 for severals weeks now without incident. And when I think of all the resets I was putting up with using Verichat, I'm SO glad I took another look at Causerie.
  4.    #4  
    So what, you think I'm lying? Why would I lie about that!? Maybe I shouldn't use the 'always-on' feature, but that's something I need. Yes, I'm CDMA, and I have NO IDEA what YMMV means. Sorry, not down with the chat room lingo. I'm using Verichat, and besides it being the ONLY reason my Treo crashes anymore, I like it. And I like Causerie. While I had it it never crashed. Not even once. But it just refused to get along with Chatter. If you don't believe what I say, open up Causerie, and go to the 'support' chat section(that's another thing I like - very clever) and ask about it.
    No need to ask them about it... I already do it. Why ask them if I can do something I already know works? My editorial comments are actually directed at them, since they sound like FUD (comments meant to ellicit Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt).

YMMV, by the way, isn't chat room lingo... it's automotive lingo... Your Mileage May Vary. And clearly it does.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    No need to ask them about it... I already do it. Why ask them if I can do something I already know works? My editorial comments are actually directed at them, since they sound like FUD (comments meant to ellicit Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt).

YMMV, by the way, isn't chat room lingo... it's automotive lingo... Your Mileage May Vary. And clearly it does.
    Well, sorry, but you came across as if you thought I was lying. That's why I made the suggestion. My bad. I tried using the 'data' mode, but saw the same symptoms. I WANT to like Causerie, as it was EXTREMELY stable(as in NOT crashing - ala Verichat) while I was using it, and I like the interface and the bots and the whole package in general, but if I have to choose between it and Chatter, I'm choosing Chatter.

The search for the perfect IM client continues...