1.    #1  
    Marc: I have been using Chatter OWA since you got attachments working, and its terrific. I am anxious to update my software, and I have a question about updating. Should I use the OTA upgrade feature within Chatter, or should I download and install the full "latest" version of Chatter OWA?

thanks again,
    elbastardocalvo
    elbastardocalvo
    OTA isn't implemented yet for OWA (man, that sounds like gobbledygook). So get the latest OWA from the Downloads section of the website.

Marc
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, Marc.
    elbastardocalvo
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by elbastardocalvo
    Thanks, Marc.
    OK, Spoke too soon. I upgraded from .73 to .74 with no problem. I tried to install .75 this morning, and I got the following error messages in my hotsync log:

HotSync operation started for *********** on 04/04/06 09:19:09

- Already exists: C:\Program Files\palmOne\MatanoS\Install\Chatter.prc
    - Already exists: C:\Program Files\palmOne\MatanoS\Install\ChatterExch.prc
    - Already exists: C:\Program Files\palmOne\MatanoS\Install\ChatterExg.prc
    - Already exists: C:\Program Files\palmOne\MatanoS\Install\ChatterMatrix.prc
    - Already exists: C:\Program Files\palmOne\MatanoS\Install\ChatterPOP3.prc
    - Already exists: C:\Program Files\palmOne\MatanoS\Install\ChatterUtils.prc
    Install synchronization failed

Any suggestions?
    elbastardocalvo
    Try going to the system menu in Chatter and do the shut down chatter email before syncing the new files over the old.
    If I'm not mistaken you can now upgrade OWA OTA. By the way, I know that OTA means "over the air" but what does OWA mean?
    OWA (Outlook Web Access)
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by pizenson
    Try going to the system menu in Chatter and do the shut down chatter email before syncing the new files over the old.

That worked perfectly, thanks.
    elbastardocalvo
    No OTA upgrade for OWA yet. Next week is my hope.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    No OTA upgrade for OWA yet. Next week is my hope.

Marc

Is it next week yet?
    Gimme the P-Funk!
    Yes. Are you signed up for the OWA Newsletter?

Marc
    Jazzi,
    It was included in the Beta that Marc released in the last day or so.
    Yes. Are you signed up for the OWA Newsletter?

Marc
    Apparently not! I'll take care of that right away.

Thanks Pizenson.
    Last edited by Jazzi; 04/11/2006 at 12:07 AM.
    Gimme the P-Funk!
    Hey Marc,

I searched this entire site and your forums at the chattermail site but could not really find an answer to this, so I am hoping you can help...

I set up the Chatter OWA and like a few other people reported, it synced my messages into the inbox, but then no new messages were pushed. I would hit quicksync and they came through then, but it just sits there in that "Listen" status.

Any settings I should tweak? I heard about something called the 'listen 53' but don't know if that would apply to me and I have had no luck finding any instructions on it.

Thanks for a great product!

Bill
    You should check "Offline" in the "Deliver" screen and put Chatter on a schedule for checking. Who is your carrier?

Marc
    Sprint is my carrier, but out of the blue this morning is started working as it should. I think when I soft reset my phone something kicked in and now it's good to go.

Thanks again for a wonderful product!
    Great!
    I'm not sure I understand the OTA upgrade process. When I select 'Upgrade Chattermail' the Treo switches to Blazer, and then later I'm given the option of downloading the 'package installer' or downloading to the card. If this is truly OTA, I'm guessing downloading to the card isn't the right option. Should I select package installer? Then what?

Just trying to learn for future use. So far, I've not been able to complete a download of either version. I'm on Cingular.
    Gimme the P-Funk!
    Yes, use Package Installer. Everything then happens automagically (including getting Matrix and/or OWA if those are also loaded on your Treo).

Marc
    Yes, use Package Installer. Everything then happens automagically (including getting Matrix and/or OWA if those are also loaded on your Treo).

Marc

Worked great! Best Customer Support of any product, ever!
    Gimme the P-Funk!