Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi Shannon,

By Problems - do mean the crash issue or the battery drain issue - because this thread has discussions on both.

Should it be battery drain - can you also try disabling the 'Always ON' for causerie and also give us an indication of % battery drain.

Thanks. Kindly be informed that we are also working on this issue.

Regards,
    Dev Team.
  2.    #22  
    I thought I had made myself clear. By problems I mean Causerie NEVER letting go of the active data connection, ALL of my calls going to voicemail, my Treo heating up, and - of course - massive battery drain. The only time Causerie crashed on me was right after I installed the Chatter Matrix(go figure), which - by the way - didn't make a damn bit of difference. Maybe you guys should try testing on a CDMA Treo too? There ARE a lot of them out there, after all.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    I thought I had made myself clear. By problems I mean Causerie NEVER letting go of the active data connection, ALL of my calls going to voicemail, my Treo heating up, and - of course - massive battery drain. The only time Causerie crashed on me was right after I installed the Chatter Matrix(go figure), which - by the way - didn't make a damn bit of difference. Maybe you guys should try testing on a CDMA Treo too? There ARE a lot of them out there, after all.
    Thank you very much for reporting the issue.

Please note that our development team were still working on this isuue and they will resolve it as soon as possible.
  4.    #24  
    You guys making any headway over there?
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    You guys making any headway over there?
    Dear User,

Please note that our development team have sent a test PRC to Rory Sprouse asking him to evaluate beta test. Sorry, we did'nt send that PRC to you, because, we did'nt have your Email ID. We asked him to send the test results. Hope that this may resolve your issue.
  6.    #26  
    Well, I wouldn't mind testing it out, so if you want to sling a .prc over my way my email addy is shannon.elements@gmail.com.
    Hi Shannon,

It is made public you can get it from http://www.mantragroup.com/downloads...rie-3.2.4d.prc

I have also mailed you regard to this.

Thanks for your interest with Causerie.

Regards,
    Kalyan.
    Greetings,

Has there been any progress on the issue of Causerie not releasing the data connection?

I registered Causerie just yesterday. It never occurred to me while trialing the product that it might block incoming phone calls when in Background mode. Reading this thread gave me the idea to experiment with that and I'm aghast!

This is a super IM client but I need to be able to receive calls!

I switched to SMS mode but that does NOT seem to make things better. It takes several minutes after I exit Causerie (background mode SMS) before I can get through to myself when repeatedly calling. It goes right to Voicemail.

I find that even if I exit and shut down Causerie (NO background mode) it takes minutes before I can receive a call.

None of these things happen when I use my browser, so it can't be related to simply using the data connection. In fact, I notice that if I exit Causerie and go right into my browser and exit immediately, that when exiting the browser I can receive a call immediately (i.e. it may be correcting whatever Causerie is leaving active).

I downloaded 3.2.4d and installed it for these tests, but this doesn't seem to correct the problems for me.

Causerie, are you folks still working on this? It's been quite a while since an update to this thread.

Regards,
    ChickenHawk (Sprint, CDMA, Treo 650)
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    ps- moved this discussion to MantraGroup forums.

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk
    Greetings,

Has there been any progress on the issue of Causerie not releasing the data connection?

I registered Causerie just yesterday. It never occurred to me while trialing the product that it might block incoming phone calls when in Background mode. Reading this thread gave me the idea to experiment with that and I'm aghast!

This is a super IM client but I need to be able to receive calls!

I switched to SMS mode but that does NOT seem to make things better. It takes several minutes after I exit Causerie (background mode SMS) before I can get through to myself when repeatedly calling. It goes right to Voicemail.

I find that even if I exit and shut down Causerie (NO background mode) it takes minutes before I can receive a call.

None of these things happen when I use my browser, so it can't be related to simply using the data connection. In fact, I notice that if I exit Causerie and go right into my browser and exit immediately, that when exiting the browser I can receive a call immediately (i.e. it may be correcting whatever Causerie is leaving active).

I downloaded 3.2.4d and installed it for these tests, but this doesn't seem to correct the problems for me.

Causerie, are you folks still working on this? It's been quite a while since an update to this thread.

Regards,
    ChickenHawk (Sprint, CDMA, Treo 650)

CH,

I have no problem receiving phone calls while Causerie is in background mode. I have a Verizon 700p running the latest beta 3.2.4x. Not sure what your difficulty is.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12