1.    #1  
    I cannot open a prc file directly on my Sprint Treo 600. When I try (as to update Chatter or VolumeCare) I get a message "The file type you are attempting to download is not supported on your device." Any suggestions how to fix it?
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin
    I cannot open a prc file directly on my Sprint Treo 600. When I try (as to update Chatter or VolumeCare) I get a message "The file type you are attempting to download is not supported on your device." Any suggestions how to fix it?
    This is very odd. Can you explain the steps you are following to create this message? Is this coming from your PC or from your Treo?

Jeff
    I think what prubin is trying to say is that he cant download a PRC. I have this problem sometimes also.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    This is very odd. Can you explain the steps you are following to create this message? Is this coming from your PC or from your Treo?

Jeff
    I can open prc files on my PC and hotsync them to the Treo. But I cannot open them on the Treo directly. The message occurs when I try to open a prc on the Treo, whether it comes from a web link or as an attachment.
    Laissez Faire
    Are you sure its a prc and not a zip file you're trying to open?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Are you sure its a prc and not a zip file you're trying to open?
    Yes, a prc.
    Laissez Faire
    I know that if I download and save a zip file, I have create a new email, attach the zip to it, and save as draft. Then open draft email and tap attached prc to load it. It might be worth a try.
    FastFrank
    this has happened to me only a couple of times, i think it's really a problem with the site your on than with your phone, i tried a couple of the same sites om my friends phone and couldnt download a prc. from his also.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503