1.    #1  
    After hearing how several people like the Butler software, I purchased the software. I thought it had LED options for SMS. I am not wanting to enable any of the features within Butler.

Is there any way to get my money back? What should I do?

It really is a nice piece of software, I ust do not plan on enabling any of the features it has to offer.
    Last edited by tomp; 04/02/2006 at 07:57 AM.
    Lick your wounds and move on - we have all had this happen. Take it as a $14.95 lesson.

I would suggest making the most of the demo period next time. Being fair to you, I am not sure if Treo Butler currently has a this trial period.

After reading all the hype about Treo Butler a year or so ago, I expected it to be fantastic. I demo'd it and found it was not worth it to purchase it for my needs. I agree with you that it is not worth purchasing.
    None of Butlers features are available in the Treo, or it wouldn't exist in the first place!?

Yes, that's why there is a trial. I think it's two weeks for Butler.. More than enough time to see if it's useful for you. Honestly the only feature I use is the reminders, but that's very important to me. By default you have no reminders of missed calls, SMS, appointments, etc, and Butler reminds you.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomp
    After hearing how several people like the Butler software, I purchased the software. Frankly, every useful part of it - my Treo 650 phone already does and has those options. I basically purchased it for nothing and wasted my money as I am not wanting to enable any of the features within Butler.

wow...where is the default setting for blinking the led for voicemail or the custom mp3 alarms or sms remote wiping or klaunch anywhere or....

what a maroon
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Yes, that's why there is a trial. I think it's two weeks for Butler.. More than enough time to see if it's useful for you.
    Exactly. For what reason(s) did you buy it anyway?
    There's a 100% money back guarantee if you don't like it, even though you should have tried it before buying it.
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangeReaction
    There's a 100% money back guarantee if you don't like it, even though you should have tried it before buying it.
    What kind of suggestion is that? You expect a user (the "L" is silent) to read the documentation, visit the original website, or drop an email to the creator? How do you expect anyone to work themselves into a state of high dudgeon? This is the Internet, damnit, it's his god-given RIGHT to be a victim and complain bitterly in public.

Rob is clearly a cad and a scoundrel and those of us who like and recommend his programs are shills and dupes. The whole lot of us should be run out of town on a rail, and somebody oughta set up a committee to do just that! Where's Jerry Springer when you need him?
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Exactly. For what reason(s) did you buy it anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaytsus
    More than enough time to see if it's useful for you. Honestly the only feature I use is the reminders, but that's very important to me. By default you have no reminders of missed calls, SMS, appointments, etc, and Butler reminds you.
    What part of that didn't you get?
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    What part of that didn't you get?
    I didn't refresh the page just before I posted so your response appeared before mine. My comment was for the original poster.
    Last edited by MarkY; 04/01/2006 at 09:18 PM.
    You all are just hilarious... :-D thanks for the laughs
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    I didn't refresh the page just before I posted so your response appeared before mine. My comment was for the original poster.
    Oh, thought you were talking to me.. heh..

Yeah, with Palm software I've never bought anything before I knew I liked it.. Sometimes that was within minutes, sometimes a week, sometimes I would just use something here and there until it was expired and make a half-hearted decision then. That's the great thing about it, almost every program has a trial period.
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic
    You all are just hilarious... :-D thanks for the laughs
    I got a chuckle too.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Let me stick my neck out and say that there are some Treo software
    that are everybody's darling(s). VolumeCare, Butler, ZLauncher, pTunes...
    Some of these are of dubious utility and buggy too though it would be
    considered sacrilage to mention that simple titbit here.

But then most (all) of the utilities are shareware, so to each their own.

- mvk
    Game over!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex
    Let me stick my neck out and say that there are some Treo software
    that are everybody's darling(s). VolumeCare, Butler, ZLauncher, pTunes...
    Some of these are of dubious utility and buggy too though it would be
    considered sacrilage to mention that simple titbit here.

But then most (all) of the utilities are shareware, so to each their own.

- mvk
    Perhaps, in part, they are "everybody's darlings" because they are stable and provide needed utility for the vast majority of their users. Just a thought.
    After hearing how several people like the Butler software, I purchased the software. I thought it had LED options for SMS. I am not wanting to enable any of the features within Butler.
    When you say LED options, do you mean LED lights up when you get a text? Butler has that and I use it. I get an amber LED when I get an SMS. Unless you mean something else.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    The OP has apparently changed his attitude. He changed his position over at MTDN. http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,31904.0.html He was apparently distraught over crashing his Hummer and took it out on Butler for some reason.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    He was apparently distraught over crashing his Hummer and took it out on Butler for some reason.
    Oh, well that sounds reasonable - I do that type of thing all the time.
    Isn't Butler everyone's whipping boy?