1.    #1  
    Hi. For the life of me, I can't get Avantgo to upload any new content (or any content at all, for that matter) on my Treo 650 (Verizon). I'm using Mac OSX, and have the Missing Sync application and conduit installed. My usersname and password have be entered on the PDA and Missing Sync software, and I've enabled the Network connection via USB cradle. Any help?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Have you ticked "Refresh all Content"?

I find that always seems to fix the problem.
  3.    #3  
    Yep. Tried that. I can sync, and the dialogue box shows it working (but too quick to really download any content). When I go into AG on the Treo, I always get that login screen.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Can you update wirelessly (through GPRS)? If you can then it should mean that your account is ok. If so then have you checked that your firewall isn't blocking port 80?

Sorry if this seems like really simple stuff, I'm just trying to think of the basics here.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtzmtz
    Hi. For the life of me, I can't get Avantgo to upload any new content (or any content at all, for that matter) on my Treo 650 (Verizon). I'm using Mac OSX, and have the Missing Sync application and conduit installed. My usersname and password have be entered on the PDA and Missing Sync software, and I've enabled the Network connection via USB cradle. Any help?
    The following is based on my experiences. Your mileage may vary.

Item 1. Forget Missing Sync. For one thing, you'll need to keep all of your content in memory; Missing Sync's Avantgo conduit doesn't sync to the SD card.

Item 2. Forget the version of Avantgo that is available for MacOS clients. It's version 5.someodd. Windows users get the latest and greatest. I've had nothing but trouble with lockups during syncing on version 5.x.

Instead, go to a Windows box or launch a Windows emulator on your Mac box. Install Palm Desktop if not already installed and reboot to activate Hotsync. Download Avantgo's client for Windows. It won't install unless it sees Hotsync.

Now dig up the three files you'll need:
    C:\Program Files\AvantGo\Palm\MobileLink.prc
    C:\Program Files\AvantGo\Palm\libsmal.prc
    C:\Program Files\AvantGo\Palm\avantgo.prc

Copy those over to your Mac box (or to your Mac directory if you're using an emulator). Now you can quit Windows (sighing with relief).

Copy the three files mentioned above into Missing Sync's Install to internal memory box and sync.

Fire up AvantGo on your Treo, enter your username and password, and sync wirelessly. Version 6 of AvantGo's software actually synced up about 4 MB of data for me without crashing, which is something to be marvelled at.

Good luck!