1.    #1  
    As many of you know, I fried my motherboard a while back. While I was ordering parts, I ordered a keyboard (the bubble thing under the actual buttons and keys) because my backspace wasn't working half the time. My 5-way nav button was wearing out, so I also ordered a new set of buttons and keys.

After I replaced all the parts, the motherboard worked fine (except I cannot get my bluetooth hotsynch to work!), but the keyboard lights didn't work and the 5-way button was defective. I sent the defective parts back, and got everything back today. I just had to share the joy of my almost-new-looking Precious. Now the most beat-up part is the shiny part of the Cingular faceplate. It seems to scratch easily.

Anyway, she looks pretty good now, after 14 months of heavy use!

Attached Images Attached Images
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Wow...thats quit a bit of work.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Nice job
    Where did you get all those parts?

Anyone found complete housings for sale?
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    That's like, neurosurgery!
    eKeith -
    Try performancepda.com
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

A Man and His Treo
    Tonylmiller,

Impressive work, but does Cingular have an equipment replacement program?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender Doc
    Tonylmiller,

Impressive work, but does Cingular have an equipment replacement program?
    Not sure what you mean by that, but my phone was out of warranty, if that is the question.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    eKeith -
    Try performancepda.com
    What he said.

What did you spend on the replacement parts?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    What did you spend on the replacement parts?
    $107, with shipping, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Not sure what you mean by that, but my phone was out of warranty, if that is the question.
    Being out of warranty answered my question. Nice work.
    Last edited by Fender Doc; 04/01/2006 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Grammar