1.    #1  
    We hereby invite the community to try out the beta release of our newest program;
    SpeedDial for the Treo.

This program works in conjunction with the standard Treo Phone application.
    It allows you to store 99 SpeedDials, which can be called by dialing 1 or 2 digits in the regular phone application, and then the send button.

This is the method that is used by most mobile phones, but is lacking in the Treo.
    (The Treo itself supports only the hold-down-your-finger-until-it-explodes method!)

In addition, this program has ShortDial, which allows you to dial any number in the Contacts, by dialing the last 4 digits of the number.
    For example, you can dial 800-555-1212, by just dialing 1212.

You can download this beta release in both prc or zip files
    prc version at http://mobile.lionscribe.com/downloa...eddialtreo.prc
    zip version at http://mobile.lionscribe.com/downloa...eddialtreo.zip

Please email us any bugs or comments at speeddialtreo@lionscribe.com.
    We would very much appreciate your feedback, so that we can put out the Release version.

Thank you,
    The LionScribe Team
  2.    #2  
    P.S. SpeedDial for the Treo is compatible with the Treo 600 & the Treo 650.

The LionScribe Team
    Thanks for the beta opportunity. I really like the ShortDial feature! I'm not sure that I have this issue, but what would happen if there were more than 1 number with the same last 4 digits? Would it identify this and give me the option to choose one easily?
    Sounds like a great Treo tool, how's it going so far?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Works as advertised on my Treo. No problems here.

Nice App. How long will the Beta work and how much will it be to register?
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    I have my default phone app preference is set to: Typing starts contact search.
    So I have to change my setting to get this to work, this is understandable but I wish some kind of workaround could be in place, i.e.: if my dial pad is displayed, this app would work.

If you have two contact with the same last 4 digits, the app says: #### not found.

Otherwise, its a good app. No reset so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    I have my default phone app preference is set to: Typing starts contact search.
    So I have to change my setting to get this to work, this is understandable but I wish some kind of workaround could be in place, i.e.: if my dial pad is displayed, this app would work.

If you have two contact with the same last 4 digits, the app says: #### not found.

Otherwise, its a good app. No reset so far.
    May I suggest that for duplicate ShortDials (two or more numbers with the same last 4 digits), could you bring up a dialogue box that allows the user to scroll and select the number to be dialed?
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for all thee feedback.
    The beta version will work untill May 14th 2006.
    At that date, we hope to have a release version available.
    We don't have yet any pricing details, but it will be reasonable.

As for ShortDial double entries, the program first searches the SpeedDial database for matching entries then the Contacts, therefore if you usualy want one of the 2 to be chosen, just put a copy of the contact into the SpeedDial database.
    We felt that users would rather go for quick dialing, rather than have a dialog box pop-up asking them for a choice, but if we are mistaken, please let us know, so that we can add it as an option.

Thanks to all.................
    Tha LionScribe Team
  9.    #9  
    We have just put out Beta version 1.02b
    This version has the additional ability to handle multiple matching ShortDial numbers.

You have 3 set-up options, which you can set in the configure screen.
    1. A list pops-up with all matching numbers (duplicates are removed) that you can select.
    2. If there is a match or matches in the SpeedDial database, only that (or those) numbers are used, that way you can always bypass some ancient acquaintance’s number that you have in your Contacts.
    3. Always dial the first number found. It first searches the SpeedDial database. This is the method that was currently used.

We are sure you will find one of these options to your liking.
    You can download the new version from the previous link.
    If you already installed SpeedDial, you can update it by choosing "Check for Updates..." from the drop-down menu.
    Thanks,
    The LionScribe Team
    Quote Originally Posted by lionscribe
    We have just put out Beta version 1.02b
    This version has the additional ability to handle multiple matching ShortDial numbers.

You have 3 set-up options, which you can set in the configure screen.
    1. A list pops-up with all matching numbers (duplicates are removed) that you can select.
    2. If there is a match or matches in the SpeedDial database, only that (or those) numbers are used, that way you can always bypass some ancient acquaintance’s number that you have in your Contacts.
    3. Always dial the first number found. It first searches the SpeedDial database. This is the method that was currently used.

We are sure you will find one of these options to your liking.
    You can download the new version from the previous link.
    If you already installed SpeedDial, you can update it by choosing "Check for Updates..." from the drop-down menu.
    Thanks,
    The LionScribe Team
    Thanks for implementing this idea. I just downloaded the update and had a question about this feature. I don't see #1 listed as an option in ShortDial prefs, so I assume that it would default to #1 if #2 and #3 are not checked?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    Thanks for implementing this idea. I just downloaded the update and had a question about this feature. I don't see #1 listed as an option in ShortDial prefs, so I assume that it would default to #1 if #2 and #3 are not checked?
    That is correct.
    The LionScribe Team
    http://mytreo.net/archives/2006/04/n...a_treo_650.php

"Another one of those simple functions that Palm overlooked when designing the Treo was speed dial. Yes, we have Favorites buttons where we can assign 70 contacts or applications, but they're not what everyone knows as speed dial.

Enter LionScribe. LionScribe has come up with a utility that gives your Treo the traditional functionality of speed dialing from your number keys or your dial screen. No more press and hold; just enter your one or two digit code and dial. There's room for 99 speed dial contacts, so you're far more likely to forget someone's code than need room for more.....

SpeedDial is currently in beta phase, but expected for general release version the end of April. The beta is definitely stable. LionScribe is working on some enhancements, requested by their beta testers. One feature they will be adding in ShortDial, is that if there are 2 or more matching numbers, the user would be prompted for which to us"
    Disclaimer: The above link and paragraph exerpts were written by the referenced site and provided "for information only". Poster assumes no responsibility for accuracy of info, availability nor fitness for use. If ya wanna find out what it's all about, use the link, read the info and draw ya own conclusions.
  13.    #13  
    Just to let everyone know that we just put up Beta version 1.04b

This version has the following additional abilities (in addition to the enhancemeents added to version 1.02b).

You have the option to set a default prefix for ShortDial. This prefix will be used in the event that there is no matching ShortDial number found. This is very useful for corporate numbers. For example; if you set the default prefix to be '800555', and you dial '1212', ShortDial will seek a match for '1212', and if there is no match, it will dial '8005551212'. If you do not enable this option, then you will just be notified that no match has been found.

You can now have ShortDial ignore a specific number in your Contacts, by adding a dash at the end of the number (in Contacts).

Hope you enjoy the changes. We hope to release the final version in Mid-May.

You can download the new version from the previous link. If you already installed SpeedDial, you can update it by choosing "Check for Updates..." from the drop-down menu.

Thanks,
    The LionScribe Team
    works well. I'm enjoying using the beta.
    Mark Bergman
    Well guys, the program is up and running. I bought it this evening as I really, really like the "dial the last 4" option. Sure beats dialing 10 numbers on that small keypad. Now I have to remember where all 99 favorite numbers were on my Kyocera's phonebook. Good price too.

http://www.lionscribe.com/speeddial.htm