Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Can any one with the FAT32 and 4gb card verify this? The card works fine everywhere else.
    Last edited by aznmode; 03/31/2006 at 06:57 PM.
  2.    #2  
    bump
    It's probably a bog standard slow-as-heck SD card, so it probably doesn't have the write speed to do so.

ONLY buy 45x or higher for a Treo. Period.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    It's probably a bog standard slow-as-heck SD card, so it probably doesn't have the write speed to do so.

ONLY buy 45x or higher for a Treo. Period.
    Actually this is a 150x card. I also have the 2gb version and is very fast. VFS speed on that is 1029. This one is about 750.
    I am having the same issue. I just got a Transcend 4GB 150x card. Did the custom ROM to replace FatFS with Fat32. All works well EXCEPT recording video to card directly. Ideas? Maybe Shadowmite might know.
  6.    #6  
    Maybe we need to use the camcorder on the lifedrive. I'll see if I can extract it with Shadowmites tool.
    Hmm, maybe the fat32 driver has some sustained write speed issues.. I know I've recorded to my Transcend 80x 512M SD card quite a few times..

(and completely disapointed with the results every time.....)
    I have the same card (Transcend 150x) and same problem. But I do have (somewhat) of a workaround. I just record to internal memory (puts a crimp on how much you can record) and then copy it to the card (using the viewer portion of camera app). Obviously, the workaround has limits (memory + extra step required), but it is better than not being to record at all.
  9.    #9  
    This is also the only work around I'm doing. But only good if you have enough memory. I think tried recording once with little memory (memory taken up by Webpro and few other apps) then the phone reached it's max and just did a reset loop on me. Had to do a hard reset to recover. You just have to remember or look at the remaining minutes on the bottom left of the camcorder app and make sure you dont go over. I've also tried Live from Toysoft and it also causes problems with the recorded display. Hopefully someone will find a solution.
    ...just gave it a go, and no problems here. I don't have much room left, but seeing that "8 hours" of time in the countdown field is pretty neat

(A-Data 4G 150x)
  11.    #11  
    Hmmm..how did you format your card? You sure you're not recording to internal and not seeing 8 min.
    I also can not record video on sd card. I have 4GB A-DATA, 3GB free space on card.
    (error snap in attachment)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by zircomax; 04/12/2006 at 12:18 PM.
  13.    #13  
    Exactly what I'm getting. I think we all jumped the guns on purchasing this card. There has to be a way around it besides recording to internal and copying to card. Anyone??
    I have one 2GB A-DATA (FAT) and it is a crap for recording anything. What are your VFSMark for file write?

This index and file read are important, final vsfmark means nothing, just an simple unweighted average of not so useful indexes. You should try Cardspeed from www.audiost.com, a tool from audacity makers to test card capabilities for audio recording
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Artou
    I have one 2GB A-DATA (FAT) and it is a crap for recording anything. What are your VFSMark for file write?
    File Write = 121%
    File Delete is very low 51%

My old 2gb Adata
    File Write = 555%
    Delete = 1545%

Huge difference here.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I have a 4 gig Adata 150x SD card and I can record to it. I'm not sure how to help you but I will if I can.
    I have the 4GB Adata 150x SD card and I get the same error noted above. I've put the 4GB SD card into my PowerShot SD400 and I'm able to record a video without any problems. I'm wondering if its something to do with the FAT32 driver? I haven't tried to go back to the FAT driver and use the 4GB with a 2GB partition, yet.
  18.    #18  
    Hmm...so is it the phone or the card. I will try to get a replacement and see.
    I actually am have the same problem with a 1GB ATP card.

Suggestion: To see if it's the phone why doesn't everyone post which card, phone, provider, software version and firmware we each have. (I don't have a 4gb card yet but would love to avoid getting one that doesn't work.)

For example: from the Phone Info screen I get...

No 4GB yet.
    Palm 650
    Cingular (new) not former AT&T
    Firmware: 01.51
    Software: Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Hardware: A
    Last edited by jonluvslqc; 04/19/2006 at 09:51 AM.
    Is this thread an issue with the Treo 650 only, or are any of you using the 700W?
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast