Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Has this been resolved or figured out yet? I'm considering jumping in to get a 4GB Adata (since that seems to be the cheapest and yet most popular/best choice right now?) but if it won't let me record to the card with the built in Video then it isn't a good choice for me. Are you all GSM or CDMA or what? Are there different types of the Adata? I was looking at the MyFlash 150x 4GB.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  2.    #22  
    Hasn't been resolved yet. I don't think this is card specific. I just got a Transcend 150x 4gb card and it's doing the same exact thing.
  3.    #23  
    Ok I've exhausted all I can think of in trying to fix this issue. From formatting with DOS, Treo, PC, to recreating custom roms using shadowmite's way and also the Romtool utility floating around here. This is on both Adata and Transcend 4gb cards. The only thing I haven't done is try it on another phone, which I don't have access to. I think I will take my SD card with the fat32 custom rom to a sprint phone and load my custom rom on it and try it there.
    I tried on T650 from Cingular and Verizon - on both, video recording does not work
    (I have Adata 4GB)
    i bought that card. its so slllooowwwwwwwwwwww. With FAT32 I cant get mPod (mOceon) or PTunes to see MP3's. anyone else ave this problem?

BUT I can record video.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    i bought that card. its so slllooowwwwwwwwwwww. With FAT32 I cant get mPod (mOceon) or PTunes to see MP3's. anyone else ave this problem?

BUT I can record video.

THAT card? Which card?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    adata 4gb 150x. its trash.
  8. jagooch
    Using the same 2GB card, I get fast writes with FAT16 and super slow writes with FAT32 ( using the FAT32 drive from Shadowmites hack ). So, I think it is the driver, and not the card that is the bottleneck.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Ok I've exhausted all I can think of in trying to fix this issue. From formatting with DOS, Treo, PC, to recreating custom roms using shadowmite's way and also the Romtool utility floating around here. This is on both Adata and Transcend 4gb cards. The only thing I haven't done is try it on another phone, which I don't have access to. I think I will take my SD card with the fat32 custom rom to a sprint phone and load my custom rom on it and try it there.
    i can record to my 150x transcend 4gb card with no problems. i have a sprint treo 650(1.12 firmware), and a stripped custom rom with only snappermail and colorize and 13 mb free on the phone, maybe this is a firmware issue? i never upgraded to sprint 1.13, what firmware version are you sprint users with this problem using?or if its 1.12 like mine then do you have a custom or factory rom?if custom then what apps do you have installed in it? i think it's one of these issues,other users please chime in.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljj8503
    i can record to my 150x transcend 4gb card with no problems. i have a sprint treo 650(1.12 firmware), and a stripped custom rom with only snappermail and colorize and 13 mb free on the phone, maybe this is a firmware issue? i never upgraded to sprint 1.13, what firmware version are you sprint users with this problem using?or if its 1.12 like mine then do you have a custom or factory rom?if custom then what apps do you have installed in it? i think it's one of these issues,other users please chime in.
    I have Sprint 1.13a. I will revert back to 1.12 and post my result.
    I have a slightly different problem but it may be related. Using TomTom and creating a route, on my 4GB Transcent Card, it takes forever. If I use my 2GB card to create the same route, it is at least 10x faster. Just like others, I have tried everything but cannot figure out what the problem is. If I had to pick, I'd say it's a file system problem with fat32 driver and memory/buffer allocation issue and not the card. But there is no way for me to find out.
  12.    #32  
    Ok I now reverted back to Sprint 1.12 and it's still not working.
    T650 Cingular + A-Data 4GB , I run UDMH from card, enabled it and ... I was able to record video on SD CARD !!!
    I disabled UDMH, restarted Treo a few times and still can record video on SD CARD even if UDMH is disabled. I used older version which I'm attaching.
    I'm not 100% if UDMH did the trick, but I did not do anything else (and I tried many times before to record on card without success)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    sorry for confusion with UDMH, it was not the solution. The reason why I can record on card now is ... bc I have less than 2GB free space on it. Exactly I have 1.7GB free). I tried a few times removing files to gain over 2GB free space and immediately problem with recording appeared again. I did not find out yet what is the exact limit.
    Can someone confirm if that works for everybody?
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by zircomax
    sorry for confusion with UDMH, it was not the solution. The reason why I can record on card now is ... bc I have less than 2GB free space on it. Exactly I have 1.7GB free). I tried a few times removing files to gain over 2GB free space and immediately problem with recording appeared again. I did not find out yet what is the exact limit.

WOOOHOOO!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. THAT WORKED!!!

I added more files to my ADATA and now I have 1.86gb left on the card and I can record straight to card. Tried it on both my ADATA and Transcend.

Thanks for the tip again zircomax. Also to add, my Transcend has 1.93gb left.
    Quote Originally Posted by zircomax
    The reason why I can record on card now is ... bc I have less than 2GB free space on it. Exactly I have 1.7GB free). I tried a few times removing files to gain over 2GB free space and immediately problem with recording appeared again. I did not find out yet what is the exact limit.
    Thanks much. I reduced my available disk space below 2Gb and bingo - I can record straight to the card. Apparently some PALM software does not deal well with numbers larger than 2Gb. For example, the Palm Quick Install tooller on my PC shows a negative amount of free space when I have more than two gig of free space on the card. Thanks again...
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    adata 4gb 150x. its trash.
    So, what is a reasonably priced 4GB card instead?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  18.    #38  
    I have both Adata and Transcend. Adata can record faster but reading, Transcend tends to do better. You pay a little extra for the Transcend however. If you're not too sure about Adata, the next reasonably priced is the Transcend. Just do a search in Yahoo or Pricegrabber for the best price.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12